Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inspired Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspired Audio
    Posted: 24 February 2017 at 8:19am
http://www.inspired-audio.co.uk/

Anyone used their systems, been reading up some says its a more 'polite version' of Logic.

By one of the designers of Logic?

lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 8:29am
Chris Scott behind it,so yes Logic
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
londonavc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 8:44am
Cool. Anyone heard any of their systems
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by londonavc londonavc wrote:

Cool. Anyone heard any of their systems
That is the most important thing, what they sound like.

Nice to hear of a new outfit, with potential knowledge pool to give credibility. Keeps the establishment honest, and on there toes....
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 1:36pm
Yes I've heard their gear. I wouldn't say a more polite Logic, quite the opposite to be fair. Sounded more brash & in your face to me (obviously the engineer can make the PA sound pretty much how he wants it to). Not a bad thing though it was decent gear and does the job.
It looks the part too which for high end events IS a consideration.
It gets a thumbs up from me.
Cheers, Chris.
Soundscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 9:42pm
I have had some Inspired Audio kit for some time now:  

1 pair of Reflex B215 bass boxes - twin neo 15's (B & C drivers I think) with a nominal rating of 2000 W (real ones, not made up!)
3 pairs of Optima 5's - trap shaped boxes each with 2 x 5" drivers + CD mounted on a waveguide

There are 2 x eFlex Q5 4 channel power amps driving this setup. They are made by Linea Research who know a thing or two about LMS, DSP and power amp design. Both amps run in bridged mode to provide the best use of this amp design. DSP is built in plus there's networked control of parameters available via CAT5. The Q5 amp is a SMPS type design, lightweight and reliable.

Over the last 2 years or so, Linea Research have introduced the Q6 power amps which Shaggers spotted and mentioned on here previously. A 20 kW 4 channel model is available and I know someone who's using 2 of these to drive 4 of the B215 boxes & 12 Optima 5's.

I wouldn't say there's anything revolutionary going on with the speaker designs. However, Chris Scott has put a lot of thought and design into making a flexible and integrated system which can be scaled up as required. The range of boxes he offers covers most people's needs whether ground stacked or flown.

How does it sound? Pretty damn good IMHO otherwise I wouldn't have invested in the system. Excellent for both live sound and AV/conference work. However, there are some limits to performance with this setup for 1. bands that are really bass heavy  2. reproducing genres such as Dubstep - it's not intended to be a 'dance stack'. If that's what is required then we're looking at SB218's and Optima 8's.

Soundscape/Steve
Abbey Audio
Nottingham
B_Bender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 5:39am
I heard the line array and the wedges a few years ago. 

The wedges were quite impressive.

The array sounded harsh and unrefined.
londonavc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:11am
cheers for the input guys.
Soundscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 11:10pm
You don't state which system you heard, where it was being used and by whom.

I'd say many makes of system can potentially sound harsh and unrefined, it can often depend on how they're setup, the acoustics of the venue and who's driving. 

Still, I respect your opinion which all of us are entitled to.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 11:27pm
As i am aware they use Linea Research amps.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Audiowall Systems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audiowall Systems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 12:50pm
We have used Inspired Audio systems a few times and have been impressed and never disappointed.
I wouldn't say it sounds harsh but it does sound very bright, sharp and 'in your face'. There is a lot of 2k-4k but that can be reduced with eq if that's what you want. Personally I found it really helps with clarity of vocals.
We have used the Optima 5 and Optima 8 line arrays and all of the AX range of co-axial Box's. The AX8 is a very nice compact box for vocal applications and it sounds very transparent. We used some for a presentation and it didn't sound like there were PA speakers, it sounded like the presenters had loud voices. AX12 and AX15 are fantastic stage monitors. They can be bi-amp or passive and I found a single AX15 run in passive was more than enough volume for a very loud drummer who has a reputation for wanting very loud monitors. Nice lobe-free coverage too.
I have tried an AB demo against Martin Audio Wavefront W8C/W8CS and against Funktion-One Res5T/F121 and both the grey and purple Box's sounded distorted next to the Inspired System which sounded very clean.
The Box's have a nice durable finish, the construction looks very solid, the Linea Research amps are fantastic. I have been impressed with the whole Inspired Audio range.
If any of you are interested in a demo, let me know and I can help you arrange it.
David Jackson - Director
AUDIOWALL SYSTEMS LIMITED
B_Bender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Soundscape Soundscape wrote:

You don't state which system you heard, where it was being used and by whom.

I'd say many makes of system can potentially sound harsh and unrefined, it can often depend on how they're setup, the acoustics of the venue and who's driving. 

System was a demo system set up by the Inspired Audio people at Surrey University.
Heard at low level, 6 boxes set up on a flight case. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>