Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is hog scoop good for a x2 stack?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is hog scoop good for a x2 stack?
    Posted: 27 January 2016 at 10:40am
Hello everyone! We are building a small stack sound system and we are now wondering it to build 2 hog scoops or 2 hugo full. Any comment, experience or recomendation about it?
Thanks a lot,
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 12:33pm
Hi,

All horns (scoops being rearloaded horns) really excell in larger stacks as they benefit from mutual coupling.
That being said, i've heared 2x Hog's move some serious air. Can't comment on the Hugo as i never knowingly heard them. 

What will the rest of the rig look like? All scoops need to be crossed <100Hz and therefor need a potent top that can be crossed low, or even a dedicated upper bass (kick) section.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 2:47pm
a pair of scoops can cause sum serious damage Big smile what genre of music u playin thru them ?
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
AlmostSalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlmostSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 8:11am
If i where you i would save up enough for building 4 hogs, just wood screws and glue and all that, you could allways find money for a pair of drivers, paint and all that later on. Reason being that its quite a task building speakers if you don't do it on a daily basis and if you are building to at some point you're gonna need 2 more. Going through the whole process to build 2 more, you'll be wishing you built 4 from start. Won't be much more expensive..  Hog scoops are fantastic btw!
m0gsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0gsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 11:21pm
Last night we used 2 hogs, 2 12" reflex mids and 2* 1" compression tops. Caused some serious damage in a 100 person ish venue.
 Post Reply Post Reply