Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Golfball lamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymondaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Golfball lamps
    Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:05pm
I know this should probably be in the lighting section but thought it would stand more chance of being seen here.

I'm looking for warm white LED golfball lamps BC22 I think is the connection type.

It is for festoon lighting, I am looking specifically for ones with plastic lenses, the ones we use at the moment have a glass lens and they break by just looking at them.

TIA
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 9:32am
Come to that, where can I get some dimmable silvered led ses golf balls for my sputnik lamp
LOUDER THAN LOUD
PatM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 1:38am
I'm also looking for LED golfball lamps for festoon.  I bought a load of warm white ones for less than a pound off ebay, but they had vents on them rendering then useless for outdoor use, and prefiously the only ones I could find worth using were £5 each.  
These ones are less but I haven't tested them yet.  I'll let you know how it goes as I need another 53 for some new festoon. 
http://www.lumalite.co.uk/special-offers.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=28&category_id=6
Cheers Pat
dymondaudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymondaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 10:34pm
any updates or other options?
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 12:02am
have a word with http://www.glassonelectronics.co.uk/
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 1:47am
Glasson are not cheap, and need their controllers. Tlc direct have suitable lamps in stock
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymondaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 3:54am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

Glasson are not cheap, and need their controllers. Tlc direct have suitable lamps in stock

The LED lamps I have came from tlc and they pop very very easily thanks to the fragile glass outer
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymondaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 2:05pm
Looks like these could be a possibility if the lens is plastic....

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/g45b22w05-01b-ww/lamp-led-golf-ball-5w-bc-warm/dp/LP0788963
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 3:35pm
We just bought an extra 1km of festoon from tlc and they said they had a plastic LED golf ball bc in warm white. We didn't buy any as we own a lot of IMS Digital Festoon
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 12:19am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

We just bought an extra 1km of festoon from tlc and they said they had a plastic LED golf ball bc in warm white. We didn't buy any as we own a lot of IMS Digital Festoon

ripoff of Glasson?
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 12:59pm
BTW I think you mean a Ba22 base, (regular household bayonet)?

I've had the 'integral' ones from CPC and they're good though not cheap.

Samsung are good too but think they're glass.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by woody2 woody2 wrote:

ripoff of Glasson?

Ha! Not at all. We bought 200+m of glasson, but when we landed a 5 year contract to do Reading and Leeds festival sites and needed 2km+ of it glasson couldn't provide it in time, and the IMS system is better, the drivers come in Pelli cases (waterproof) and were much better thought out and more stable than the glasson drivers were at the time. Glasson have taken some of the features of the IMS drivers and have since added them to their product, so who is copying who?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>