Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lepai ta 2020 fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lepai ta 2020 fault
    Posted: 30 June 2015 at 11:58pm
My new ta2020 has developed a fault. LED comes on when you flip the switch but the speaker protection relays don't activate, no sound obviously. Opened it up and there is a line of four capacitors (*Ahem* Inductors - see edit 2) between the chip and the relays that are looking swollen. Has anyone had this fault? I use the amp in my camper van so it sees upto 14v at the input. According to the spec sheet that's fine but reality may differ!

*Edit* Sorry was having some trouble there attempting to insert an image on phone browser!
*Edit 2* Hmmm so on closer inspection these swollen black parts are marked as L2, L3, L4 and L5. Some time on google confirms they are inductors and are meant to look like that. Well don't i feel silly! Back to square 1.......

Edited by AlfieDring - 02 August 2015 at 11:42am
laricot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laricot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 6:38am
Hello AlfieDring Smile

Can you post a close view of this four capacitor to see if they realy are swollen, and do you have a multimeter to test them?

For how long time do you have this amplifier?A good capacitor shouldn't swollen before the amp is older than 20 years old TongueTongue

Have a nice day Sleepy
AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 11:02am
Hey Laricot, Have updated the post with an image, hopefully you can see it?

I do also have a multimeter so will try and test them today / see whats going on. I've had this amp for about two weeks before it failed! From new but it's going to be a pain to return so would rather fix or indeed upgrade.

Cheers!

Alf
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 1:32pm
Is there DC at the output of the chip? If so, the chip is toasted. If not, there's a problem with the relay circuit.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 2:01pm
+1

Relay not engaging usually indicates DC on the output.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply