Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H350 Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Audio H350 Restoration
    Posted: 01 June 2017 at 5:26pm
Thought it would be easier to start a new post around the Martin Audio H350s that Ive recently purchased.
Have given these a quick wash and had a little peak inside LOL

Im intending the strip the woodwork back, then Tuff Cab, but need to finish my Cubos im building first before playing with these

Edited by IainB - 01 June 2017 at 5:30pm
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 5:47pm
They look in good condition Thumbs Up good luck on the refurb.... also have a look at Warnex, much nicer paint.
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 6:13pm
You have been very lucky there as they seem to be fitted with the original RCF L12P-24 12" drivers which are absolutely superb but The Emilars are a bit naff really as they are quite a dull 1" driver with a low ultra HF response--If you are not bothered about keeping them all original then bolt a pair of B+C DE250 HF drivers into them to give you a brilliant sparkling top end and also will sound so much sweeter.
These look like a different pair of cabinets to the ones on Ebay as the pics on Ebay do not show any chrome dustcaps on the six 12" drivers hence me thinking that they were probably loaded with ATCs.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 6:23pm
Thanks both, I wont go into how these had been stored but they suffered an injustice! Interesting (for me at least) these came over from Dunstable where the previous owner had them in his many storage lockups, I think he said it was Roger Bolton (now deceased hence the clear out) but they have been out on tour (Ireland!) and Luton Carnival (Dunstable would have been a MUCH easier collection for me as its 45 minutes down the road and where I used to live!).
Need to get these Cubos sorted then I can go through these properly, still dont know what im going to do with them yet, but guessing they will blow my current selection of mids/tops out the water Wink
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 10:45pm
No progress on these at all as Ive majorly done my back with the knock on effect that I cant start my Cubo builds :-(
These may well be up for sale soon Cry 
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2018 at 9:50pm
What was the outcome of these?

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2018 at 10:09pm
Im still busy building my rig and trying to get some money out of it. These are still on my list of things to do 
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 7:51pm
I have some emilar "bowtie" horns that use those compression drivers which I don't have.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Jeez nearly a year since I started this post and so far I have loads of projects on the go and nothing completed (be that speaker builds, changing my miniscans to LED, sorting out decor, or putting up the 2 marquees I now own)
These may well be up for sale very soon, as Ive run out of storage space (blame an 18m marquee & a shed load of trussing on that one!)
May well consider a trade on a pair of new Cubo 18s (as that would at least take something off my plate, just leaving me to finish the MT102s) 
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 2:26pm
Need to get my life back on track, projects finished and start making some money back.
As a rough ball park, what would these be worth? Ive only been able to get rough prices from finished items on e-bay (mainly the CDs and a very generic RCF L12 search) as everything else draws a blank... or comes back to this post LOL 
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 5:56pm
I would love to have these but alas have no use for them 
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 6:26pm
Stern Smile MUST.......NOT.......BUY.......MORE.......VINTAGE......MARTIN........ Pinch
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>