Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Destroyer x250 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Destroyer x250 not working
    Posted: 10 April 2014 at 10:48am
have 2 of these units, both are powering on one has light on the other doesn't, both gobo wheels move on startup but then stop and both mirror wheels have no movement at all but resistant to being turned when plugged in as if the motor is on but just not moving, any ideas to a fix or should i send them for repair? 

Gwarn me some of dis.
wangbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 11:29am
poked around and sorted it, turns out one bulb had a loose connection and the other one i think the mic is screwed 'cus it works in master/slave (being slave) but not sound to light.
yay
Gwarn me some of dis.
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 6:24pm
get a dry soft paintbrush and clean the little electret mic. I have found that this restores the sound to light function on my destroyers.

If the stepper motors go on these, it is pretty much game over as I can not find them new anywhere, you can try and loosen and wiggle the housing around, or buy old broken destroyers/punishers that have a problem with the PCB/lamp and nick the stepper motors out of them.

lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 6:25pm
just found this!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARTIN-DESTROYER-GOBO-COLOUR-STEPPER-MOTOR-robo-scan-scanner-/121149312291?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item1c350fcd23

woo. I can now get all of my destroyers working, but the cost of this motor is about the value of the fixture! so not really worth it.

Edited by lgosdset - 10 April 2014 at 6:27pm
col_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 1:26pm
Got steppers for these in stock also, both new and used motors.
AV, Sound and Lighting and Laser Hire, Sales and Service. www.klsuk.com
 Post Reply Post Reply