Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix STR 1500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matrix STR 1500
    Posted: 29 February 2012 at 1:51am
Just got one of these second hand but cant really find much info on it. Could anyone tell me how the bridge mode works.. is it all controlled by channel A and i use a standard speakon or do i need to make up some cable to go between A and B?  also would it manage 4ohm in mono bridge?
cheerss
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 8:35am
if you search on google it says it does 2x750w @4ohms so i guess it will only do 8 ohm bridged

Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 9:04am
Hi there,
Send me your email,
and I shall send the STR manual your way ( includes the str1500 )

Cheers
Matt at matrixamplification dot com
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 9:22am
str3000 does 4r bridge, but if you search that i think you only find power ratings for 8 and 4r stereo.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:01pm
Are you intending to bridge this on sub to play a gig?

Is there any reason to lead you to think this small amp could survive that?

Have had many of the matrix models, and would not recommend bridging "this one".

Edited by levyte357 - 29 February 2012 at 12:03pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:58pm
what if hes bridging it into pair of emmy 600w drivers or something like that?
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

what if hes bridging it into pair of emmy 600w drivers or something like that?

It's a small amp, not 2 ohm rated, and for good reason.

This "maybe" why a lot of the STRs for sale recently had just come back from repairs.

I would leave bridging on sub for the strongest of amps, which "usually" state 2 ohm stereo output, and have transformer/output transistor count to match.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
monkey23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 1:58pm
hi to do this you need to put the amp into bridge mode before turning on  run your input into channel a ans make a lead to do this take a normal 2 post speakon lead and 1 extra speakon end wire positive to plus 1 in 1 connector mark this as positive this gos in channel 1 on the amp then place negative into plus 1 in the second speakon conector connect to channel 2  there ya have it 
do not bridge into 4 ohms
Wouldn't it be great to do a world wide link up?
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 2:29pm
If it helps, we've had the 15002u's which I believe are a very similar amp bridged into 8ohm to drive some drum fills and they were plenty happy. Sub however, I would not attempt.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
natho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:47pm
Thanks for all the advice. I was going to try it  bridged on subs but it sounds like i should play it safe and put it on mid duty. I may try it in 8ohm bridge on one sub (quietly) for a test at some point. I just couldnt resist the thought of having a matrix amp in my rack for 100 squids! cheers all
 Post Reply Post Reply