Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MHB-46 build start to finish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:29pm
Testing and time aligningSmile

jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:53pm
nice...........
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:59pm
very nice build! love how you did the miter cuts with the router iv never thought of doing it that way Clap

so how do they sound? 
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

very nice build! love how you did the miter cuts with the router iv never thought of doing it that way Clap

+1 on all that!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:33pm
nice job.

Ive been trying to make jug for connector plates recently, out of curiosity how did you do yours?
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

nice job.

Ive been trying to make jug for connector plates recently, out of curiosity how did you do yours?
making jigs is easy, 2 way s to do it, use a bit with a bearing on and use a 1:1 template or make an ove sized template and use a "collar". Most 1/2" router come with a 30mm collar (used in worktop jigs etc) so if you make a template 10mm bigger than you need and then use a 10mm bit you get a perfect image, I use 1/2" bits as you can only cut 3 600m worktops with one bit before it blunts a bit so they are "free" to me, whatever you use you must make sure your cutter has a lower radius than your hole, IE don't try a 15mm cutter for a connector dishwith 12mm rads on..

Smile

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:39am
Very nice build. how they sounding now and are they dual 12" tops or 15s?
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:00am
cheers Shagnasty.

been using the a collar in the end after various different efforts.

sorry for the hijack

Ermm
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:56pm
Thanks for the replies guy's!!!
Yes the jig for the miter cuts was a nice idea, actually pretty simple but it works!

The jig for the connectorplate was made using a 1:1 template and a bit with top guide bearing as u can see in the picture.
The handle jig was made in the same way, some jigsaw work and allot of filing and sanding.
But off course you only have to make those templates one's.

They sound very nice, you get the clean and precise kick from the horn part and the low extension from the bassreflex, best of both worldsSmile
Usable in both big and medium sized venue's.
Dust was coming from the ceiling, things started to shake and you could really feel the kick in your stomach, allways a good sign heheApprove

The bass-reflex tops are tony wilkes design, double bms 12n620 and 4544 cd's on a cellestion horn.
First I was worried they would have problems keeping up with the 4 mhb-46 but it was no problem whatsoever, they kept sounding crystal clear with no hint of nasty resonance of any kindSmile
I actually think they would be able to cope with 3 mhb-46 per side driven with the right amp, amazing drivers Thumbs Up
For the 12n620 I used a crest pro 7001, actually I need another mpx or qsc3000a to properly power those but I'm working on thatWink
The cd's were driven by a crest pro 4801 so plenty of reserve.

The mhb-46 were powered by 2 bridged mpx-1200 amps, and they ate it all up and kept asking for more, what's next a crest pro 9001?

Two were loaded with rcf lf18n401 that I had from a previous project and the other two with rcf lf18g401. 
Very similar driver's but to my ear the n401 sounds a bit more ''agressive'' there was certainly not allot if anything between them in terms of power handling and output.
Seeing the neo's are big money now, the g401 is a amazing driver for the money.

Yes the racks weigh a ton, but oooh those amps sound sooo nice and worth the hassle in my opinion, and 60kg for a 2 amp amprack is doable with 2 persons, saves me a trip to the gymSmile
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:03pm
Im using 12n620 too, they seem too like a lot of power a sound great.

Thanks for the template help.

ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by jerronimo jerronimo wrote:

Thanks for the replies guy's!!!
Yes the jig for the miter cuts was a nice idea, actually pretty simple but it works!

The jig for the connectorplate was made using a 1:1 template and a bit with top guide bearing as u can see in the picture.
The handle jig was made in the same way, some jigsaw work and allot of filing and sanding.
But off course you only have to make those templates one's.

They sound very nice, you get the clean and precise kick from the horn part and the low extension from the bassreflex, best of both worldsSmile
Usable in both big and medium sized venue's.
Dust was coming from the ceiling, things started to shake and you could really feel the kick in your stomach, allways a good sign heheApprove

The bass-reflex tops are tony wilkes design, double bms 12n620 and 4544 cd's on a cellestion horn.
First I was worried they would have problems keeping up with the 4 mhb-46 but it was no problem whatsoever, they kept sounding crystal clear with no hint of nasty resonance of any kindSmile
I actually think they would be able to cope with 3 mhb-46 per side driven with the right amp, amazing drivers Thumbs Up
For the 12n620 I used a crest pro 7001, actually I need another mpx or qsc3000a to properly power those but I'm working on thatWink
The cd's were driven by a crest pro 4801 so plenty of reserve.

The mhb-46 were powered by 2 bridged mpx-1200 amps, and they ate it all up and kept asking for more, what's next a crest pro 9001?

Two were loaded with rcf lf18n401 that I had from a previous project and the other two with rcf lf18g401. 
Very similar driver's but to my ear the n401 sounds a bit more ''agressive'' there was certainly not allot if anything between them in terms of power handling and output.
Seeing the neo's are big money now, the g401 is a amazing driver for the money.

Yes the racks weigh a ton, but oooh those amps sound sooo nice and worth the hassle in my opinion, and 60kg for a 2 amp amprack is doable with 2 persons, saves me a trip to the gymSmile

You got a nice review on this!Any chance of using it on a real gig specially on live band?I really want to build this and use it mostly on live bands,i like the design,simple build.Thanks.
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 5:32am
very nice work there.just need to know how do they sound ? comparing them with Es bphs
K.A.S.S the art of digital sound entertainment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>