Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MHL-250

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floroworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MHL-250
    Posted: 02 July 2015 at 9:53pm
hi need a lamp for a old Chauvet Shadow 250 (TFX-250BL0 ) its a MHL 250 double-ended metal halide opx 67mm long can any one help cheers
www.floroworld.com
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 9:57pm
search for wildfire UV fixtures, these use very similar lamps, i think the chauvet is a copy of their 250w fixture.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
floroworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floroworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 11:01pm
Hi thanks for  that............daft question what voltage would the lamp be when I phoned chauvet  they THINK it will be 240v UK..... they sold this unit here and in USA.... cheers
www.floroworld.com
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 11:35pm
the lamp wont differ between locations - as it is a discharge lamp only the control gear will differ. I should imagine the arc voltage is around 90V on a 250w lamp.

By the sound of it, who ever you talked to at Chauvet does not sound like they know what they are talking about.

in short, a US lamp will work fine in a european unit as the voltage is corrected by the unit.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
floroworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floroworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 1:15pm
hi the ones I found are 125v so that sounds about right but they are not cheep the wildfire stuff looks well cool  thanks for your help
www.floroworld.com
 Post Reply Post Reply