Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - midbas or sub driver to fullrange 15" and tweeter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

midbas or sub driver to fullrange 15" and tweeter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: midbas or sub driver to fullrange 15" and tweeter
    Posted: 19 July 2016 at 8:19am

midbas or subas driver  to fullrange 15" and tweeter? what do you recommend? its for mobile dj. I need it to play fullrange and sometimes With 18" bas. i want it to play Loud

is this drivers god for fullrange ? can you recommend some god tweeters that match.
*Beyma 15G 450/N
*JBL 2226 H
*RCF LF15N401

*RCF MB15H401
* http://www.supersonic.se/product./beyma-15p80nd?category_id=11 - Beyma 15P80Nd
* http://www.supersonic.se/product./faital-pro-15fh520?category_id=11 - Faital Pro 15FH520 -

someone who have Blueprints to a god fullrange speaker

sorry for the bad English not my first language
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 9:32pm
It cannot be fullrange, compact and loud compared to competition, all at once. And I forgot for certain quality aspects....

It is all very personal decision, but I would bilt most of the systems complete, with subwoofers anyway. The difference with very compact 15"sub on the ground and about any fullrange up there on the stick is always there. Then it only takes "how big subwoofer do I need" question, or how many of these, while having compact, light and loud mid-hi speakers.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Tommes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 10:21am
A JBL 2226h with a good CD on top will do very well in a 2-way full range system.

Those who say that it will not work haven't heard it yet!

Oh yeah, and JBL have used this combo in many of their (well known and respected) products.
That should count for something...

Just don't cross the 2226 higher than 1200Hz.
And that implies that the CD needs to go that low.

I use the 2226h with the beyma CP750, sounds lovely if i hold back the CP750 a few dBs.

It does go loud, but i suggest to not push any speaker and if you want to go loud, just built more boxes.

And needless to say, with a sub it will sound even better...
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
djrobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Tommes Tommes wrote:

A JBL 2226h with a good CD on top will do very well in a 2-way full range system.

Those who say that it will not work haven't heard it yet!

Oh yeah, and JBL have used this combo in many of their (well known and respected) products.
That should count for something...

Just don't cross the 2226 higher than 1200Hz.
And that implies that the CD needs to go that low.

I use the 2226h with the beyma CP750, sounds lovely if i hold back the CP750 a few dBs.

It does go loud, but i suggest to not push any speaker and if you want to go loud, just built more boxes.

And needless to say, with a sub it will sound even better...

Perfect thanks :)
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 6:48am
I have some double 15 cabs with B&C DE750's actively crossed at 1khz and they are LOUD and clean, but these big compression drivers are expensive so a more economical solution is to use a 1.4" exit driver. Some of these can be run as low as 1.2khz which will still keep you out of the 15's cone breakup and maintain pretty decent polar response through the crossover region.

In my case I chose to use a mid/bass driver(Eminence Kappa Pro15a) because I had always planned to use these cabs with dedicated subs and I wanted the maximum output possible,  but if you want more of a "fullrange" box there is nothing wrong with using a wide spectrum driver like the 2226, but don't try to use a dedicated sub driver.

Edited by Conanski - 22 July 2016 at 6:53am
djrobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

I have some double 15 cabs with B&C DE750's actively crossed at 1khz and they are LOUD and clean, but these big compression drivers are expensive so a more economical solution is to use a 1.4" exit driver. Some of these can be run as low as 1.2khz which will still keep you out of the 15's cone breakup and maintain pretty decent polar response through the crossover region.

In my case I chose to use a mid/bass driver(Eminence Kappa Pro15a) because I had always planned to use these cabs with dedicated subs and I wanted the maximum output possible,  but if you want more of a "fullrange" box there is nothing wrong with using a wide spectrum driver like the 2226, but don't try to use a dedicated sub driver.

Thanks for your information 👍🏻
 Post Reply Post Reply