Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MIDTOP 15" + 8" + 1" 3 way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:16am
If you're in the UK drop me a message.

I have 2 x B&C 15NW76, 2 x DE250 and 2 x 8PE21 that are in as new condition and I'm unlikely to be using any time soon as I've damaged my back.
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:40pm
My ideashas been buit.

Ill upload more pictures or even open another thread if anybody interested!
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:51pm
Nice! How do you cut it? How long are those 15" horn and 8"?
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:54pm
15 inches is around 56 cm long, 8 inches I guess is around 17 cm
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:11pm
Awesome!  Where did you get the mid/high horn??  VECTORSONICS
dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2017 at 12:39pm
Have you considered a 15" plus 10" plus 1"? There's a fair few commercial designs that use this configuration.
Logic System XTA EAW MC2 Robe Anytronics Futurelight Trilite Tas and a wife....
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2017 at 1:46pm
wow, nice build, didn't notice the pictures until now Clap
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 1:05am
I needed the smallest comb.horn possible to fit into the 15 inches horn. It sound good. I had some unexpected results in low part of the 8" speaker reproduction (lot of strange things were happening in 300 -800 hz, dips and peaks around +-5 6 dB.) and i had to higher a lot the 15 inches cutoff freq. The 8 inches i'm using now is almost not fitting in to the phase.p. so i cant imagine a 10 " in any way fitting this config. I was considering to try another model (such as 6ND410 from 18sound) to check if it would have a better coupuling with the throat of that short f.l.horn, but i will see, for now it's ok as it is. Ill' test the copule next days.

Not Smoothed response:

Edited by LeruSound - 31 August 2017 at 1:18am
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 1:10am
Edit: Just seen updated post with pics/plots

Edited by Hemisphere - 31 August 2017 at 1:15am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 1:24am
Yes nema vented. I tryied for fun and I did a optional back cover with vented port, but then I removed as I didnt need in this case.

CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 1:12am
Image result for pete morris loudspeaker
Try this design..

Image result for pete morris loudspeaker
Sticks n Stones
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:46am
Man i really can't see the design you are posting, guess the image is corrupted.

EDIT:
I got what design you are talkin' about. Lot of ppl is giving me that chance as an advice. I really can't uderstand. I saw the design and i followed the developement on the forum. I'ts a good idea, it squeezed out the maximum from two mainfolded 12" and a 2" driver, making possible to cross them. 

SO: with a good design and a good part of EQing you get the result, in a very compact size. It's a smart and clever design, but it doesnt do the icecream for me & for what is my purpose. 
i admit it's a very good design, but maybe is not the solution everytime.. 
I will try, is getting that much popular that a close friend is building now, and for sure he will need me to help him in make them sound so, i will try!

Personally i wouldn't choose that design for:
- I dont like that much how it looks (ok, but deeply inside you also know it's important :)
- I have the idea the two 12" are having difficults reproducing freq. around 1 kHz naturally, because that folds and because of parallel walls in horn expansion. But as always it could easily be well sounding.
- I would avoid to use CDs with that low xover, or at least i would avoid a beginner to do so, if it's not a very efficent device, energy could be very unbalanced in music below some tresh. so it's easier to blow up.
- you need to be accurate in throat adapting, so easy work outside but a little delicate inside.

All the rest of that design is a big big up, very small and easy to travel, and it looks everything is extremely balanced, few components with maximum result.

Edited by LeruSound - 09 September 2017 at 11:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>