Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Boombox with SP-60/4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 11:25am
One is 27x24x16cm for a total of 10.37 liters
Other one is 36x29x18cm for a total of 18.79 liters

And you used one speaker to test? Then the other one will act as a passive radiator, it's not representative. 
m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 12:42pm
I thought the same about those measurements - but the box goes in in the button plus it has rounded corners - so I really doubt it's more than 8 liters empty. Anyway, I'll try and put it together today and take a test listen ;)
I could really use some help with a diagram if how to put DC, on/off switch, voltmeter and amp to the battery though!! :)
Thanks again

lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 12:58pm
Is the switch you're using a SPDT switch? Because then you could wire it to automatically disconnect the battery charger when playing and vice versa. 
m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 1:42pm
Well, I actually don't know. But the charger is not build in - it will be external. I only put a female DC plug in the back of the box and then I need to cut off the clamps on my charger and put a male DC on it for charging. I just have a hard time figuring where to solder the wires. The DC plug in the back of the box has three places I can solder wire on. Haha, I'm really a noob :)
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 1:48pm
Can you give me a link to where you bought the switch? I'm pretty sure it's a SPDT but I want to be 100% sure before giving you a schematic where you'll short your equipment.
m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 1:57pm
It was here http://webdanes.dk/shop/lamptron-led-rocker-1213p.html

Thank you very much :)
m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 2:01pm
Actually it was here, sorry. http://solvolt.dk/produkt/12v-on-off-knap/

It says SPDT on/off

Edited by m4gnus - 09 July 2014 at 2:03pm
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 2:35pm
Where does it say SPDT? It's a two pole (SPST) switch with one contact for powering the LED. Wire it like a normal switch, but with 12V on the LED contact.

You have to hook it up like this:

Pay attention to polarity, wrong polarity can cost you an amp ;)
You can't charge and play at the same time, so turn your amp off when charging.

m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 2:59pm
Thank you so much!

One last noob question: do I put the 6.8uF on plus or minus from the tweeter?

:)
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 3:07pm
+
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by m4gnus m4gnus wrote:

One last noob question: do I put the 6.8uF on plus or minus from the tweeter?

:)

Doesn't matter.
m4gnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4gnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:17pm
Update: I'm making a new box in plywood. But holy moly those drivers play loud!! I connected my computer, and that plays waaay louder than the iPhone. But....it really sounds like crap with the plastic - it's shaking like crazy and sound echo'ish and plastic'y. And if I start laying more wood etc. in the box, it will just be too small.

I have calculated out what size I need to get net volume of 7 liters, so I'll go to a store tomorrow morning and have them cut it all out for me.

Would you recommend me to put some wool or cutton or something in the box?

And thank you so much for all the help, I have learned a lot :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345