Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 2:58pm
@ David...

I know its tough for you to keep pace with demand for the Minirig speaker and sub, but would it be possible for you to look at line extensions with these drivers and amps in an aluminium body. High efficiency, Buetooth devices with Minirig engineering and aesthetics... ooh la laa !!!
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 3:03pm
@ Lutkeveld....

There are many well accepted and award winning speakers with these BMR drivers.

Revo radios are all using these BMR drivers both the 2" square ones as well the 3 1/2" round ones. Cambridge audio uses them in almost all their speakers. Many other companies use this nowadays.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 1:44pm
Someone isn't happy with their Logo!

Edited by davey t - 06 May 2014 at 1:47pm
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 11:58am
@ David....

I know. It was off the Kickstarter website for a couple of days. It's back on now. No logos anywhere. 

Really strange stuff. These guys have been around now for the last 3 years or so. Nobody had a problem till it got featured on Kickstarter.

BTW... Whats up with the plans for taking the Minirig producst out of the UK. I had written to you some time back and you had mentioned that once your website work was done, you would consider it. 

There needs to some tie up with online retailers who can supply outside the UK. 

Edited by bsl100 - 08 May 2014 at 11:59am
Warpenguin6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warpenguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 4:13pm
I Need some help Minirig headz! I've been after a mini rig for some time now. Searching for the best potable speaker to take with me in my life. I've narrowed it down to the MiniRig(of course) and the Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker.
I was wondering if anyone has both and can give me a good comparison and review for both, as I've not been able to find one on the web. 
Please come forward and preach! I'm very picky with sound 
****don't bring into account the MiniSub, I'm on a 170 budget at most to less is better**
Thanks, and big up! 
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 9:57pm
Minirig: Louder, clearer more open sound, much longer battery life, lighter, USB charging, can expand to build a bigger sound, made in UK with lots of love

Bose: Bluetooth, much more bass on it's own compared to Minirig, very easy to use. 

I have both as well as many other bluetooth speaker of which Bose Mini is the clear leader. I will often grab the bose if I want to listen to music quickly as the bass is really heavy and warm compared to the Minirig. However, I normally pick the bose up and it's out of battery or after a while the lack of clarity really annoys me and I grab a Minirig and sub. 

Hope that helps

Minirig portable soundsystem movement
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:35am
@ Warpenguin6......

Watch this video link of the Minirig speaker in action. I found this to be one of the best videos to hear the sound quality.

The other vids are more with dance music / dubstep and you really don't get to hear the speaker's prowess, which is great midrange and treble. If Bluetooth is not your thing, then it would make good sense to go with a stereo pair. A Minirig pair will cost lesser than the Bose and the stereo separation will enhance the sound further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ63cneBl5M

Unfortunately, there are no comparo vids available with the Bose Mini. But, as David mentions, the Bose has good bass for a small speaker and its also true that its tone is skewed towards the warmer side. 

Warpenguin6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warpenguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 5:55pm
Thanks davey t and bsl100, both posts were very helpful. 
I think I am going to get a miniRig for sure! I can just wait and buy the sub when I can afford it =) 
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 7:27pm
Hi there,

Anyone else have issues with the dedicated splitter cable and a 2.1 setup?

I bought a minirig back in June 2012, I then got the sub last Christmas time and have just purchased my second minirig.

I have been using the official splitter cable since I got the sub so I could turn off/on my 1.1 setup in anticipation of getting a second minirig.

Now, when both are plugged in only the newer one turns on/off as expected. The older one is on all the time when the cable is plugged in.

The older one works fine and turns on/off as expected when it's the only one plugged in. Same for the newer one.

Any ideas what's going on here please? I did have a search around but couldn't dig up anything conclusive so any help/advice would be much appreciated as this taints the experience a little of what is ultimately a great piece of kit.

Best wishes,
Angus
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
nativelayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 11:24am
Hooray - just ordered my set up - in purple for the +3db when playing techno :)
There is no authority but yourself.
Gavos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 5:57pm
Fk1 style.....Clap
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2014 at 8:43pm

i want one of these!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 79>