Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 7:41am

As i posted on FB i really want a set of BT ones but i have the full 2.1 set up already, plus would still need to wire the sub so may wait until you have the full set up on BT then sell my old ones or just have 4 Minirigs & 2 subs lol

AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Will you be doing both models side by side?

No, the new replaces the old

Glad i got mine already then LOL

Is that for manufacturing simplicity / economies of scale reasons? And are intending to carry on with support for the ole ones?
earthwormjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthwormjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 7:26am
broken my mini rig charger abroad and need to order a replacement barrell charger, what is the correct voltage etc to go for ?

66DeCo99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66DeCo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 8:27am
The zone of danger
66DeCo99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66DeCo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 2:39pm
Here's what I got for the summer for camping and the like. Tablet power backed up by a Anker E7, simply for the fact that I can't carry 1210's around. Should be a fun summer when I get my Minirig sub ordered.

The zone of danger
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:18pm
Can anyone put up a link to the best way of charging 3 subs and 4 mini rigs off one plug, so that the above can still be used while charging ? Had 5 minis and 2 subs at a stag do last week but couldn't charge em quick enough so eventually had to turn subs off for a few hours. Also want to design lightweight enclosure in which to place subs to amplify the sound. You know how they get louder when corner loaded in a room? Any one got any ideas? We mounted them all off a lighting t bar .sounded great but want something to put the subs in so the bass not as lost and is more pronounced if you get me? Gotta say the whole lot packs away into a very small case and with the t bar bagged up,it's a wicked mini rig!!!
Its just a ride.
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:17am
Can I buy the bits to retrofit BT to the old model?

In reality what effect does the addition of BT have on sound quality and battery?

Edited by AM55 - 13 May 2015 at 5:18am
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:13pm
No. It's not economical to take apart the old Minirig. Plus it's a waste of perfectly good parts. 

You'll struggle to notice any difference in sound quality between bluetooth and wired. The new Minirig has improved sound with more bass. Battery life is around the same in practical use. 

Minirig portable soundsystem movement
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:58pm
Are the minrigs serviceable?
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by AM55 AM55 wrote:

Are the minrigs serviceable?

Just curious (I don't have a minirig - although a mate does) - what about the battery ? Are replacements available ? Assuming yes - are they user fittable - given a degree of dexterity/competence ?

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:51pm
That's what I'm getting at.

It must be a complete redesign for the new one if you can't just swap a PCB over or add a daughter board.

(I must admit I haven't opened mine up so I'm not sure how they go together)
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by phildat phildat wrote:

Had 5 minis and 2 subs at a stag do last week but couldn't charge em quick enough so eventually had to turn subs off for a few hours.

IIRC the subs can't charge fast enough to play continuously at higher volumes, no matter the charger - the sub itself won't pull enough current from the charger to match the consumption of the amp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 79>