Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

Originally posted by phildat phildat wrote:

Had 5 minis and 2 subs at a stag do last week but couldn't charge em quick enough so eventually had to turn subs off for a few hours.

IIRC the subs can't charge fast enough to play continuously at higher volumes, no matter the charger - the sub itself won't pull enough current from the charger to match the consumption of the amp.

You can use a plug in 9v transfomer which allows you to carry on using the sub while charging which was recommended to me by Davey but i no longer do that as i think it caused issues with my sub ..
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:03pm
I knew that the original Minirigs could charge from up to 8v (iirc) but afaik none of them will pull more than 0,5A so even at 9v the sub wouldn't be able to play full volume on compressed bass material.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:24pm
You should be able to run it flat out while charging from 9V. You can charge from 12V into the sub - just don't try to plug 12V into a Minirig!

Since the sub was designed the USB spec has changed and can now support higher currents - something to consider for the next sub update. 

and yes, the new Minirig is complete redesign inside. The PCB is again soldered to the connectors so it's very hard to replace! It's designed for reliability not serviceability. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Kerrse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

You should be able to run it flat out while charging from 9V. You can charge from 12V into the sub - just don't try to plug 12V into a Minirig!

Since the sub was designed the USB spec has changed and can now support higher currents - something to consider for the next sub update. 

and yes, the new Minirig is complete redesign inside. The PCB is again soldered to the connectors so it's very hard to replace! It's designed for reliability not serviceability. 

I remember you telling me Davey & it worked fine for a while but after a few parties the sub wouldn't hold charge, not sure if that caused it but you kindly fixed it for me & i am too scared to do it now :)
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

So it will pull more than 500mA?
mirageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:44pm
Hi there Davey, I'm a big fan of minirigs and have a 4.2 setup which really spanks it! Congratulations you really have created a fine piece of engineering! I also run Cognitive Dissidents (www.facebook.com/cognitivedissidents) providing uv active decor to events, mainly in London.  I also promote a London based psy trance club night called Astral Circus with friends (www.facebook.com/astralcircusparty).  I have a good friend who builds state of the art LED lighting for events @ Extra Dimensional Technologies (http://www.extradmt.com/).  We both want to increase awareness of our brands and were thinking of organising a psy trance flashmob in London somewhere public and central with the aim of generating an article in Metro or Evening Standard, or having the video footage go viral. Obviously having great sound would be a bonus and the louder the better hence why I'm contacting you. We could create an event page on facebook and promote it to our networks and I'm sure it'd get a great response. A pop up rave in somewhere high profile in winter when it get's dark early could be a lot of fun and likely to generate press coverage. What do you think? Is such a stunt something you'd be interested in taking part in and supplying some rigs for? It would be the perfect application for your brand and great promo! You can get in touch with me at cognitivedissidents123@gmail.com. 

Cheers Murray

Edited by mirageman - 16 May 2015 at 7:20pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 3:35pm
He wouldnt need to supply the rigs... you let minirig owners theres a minirave on and they will bring their rigs!

Iv just bought my 1st (yes!!! I WILL be buying another) for a stupid price on ebay and i am god damn amazed!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!

..i say me, the wife bought it for my birthday. Im not naming names but one if us has the worlds best wife.... im just saying.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:00pm
@ Davey T.....

I am based in India and was looking at the 2.1 set up through your website. The shopping cart shows the details of the shipping, but there is no mention of customs. Can you please update on this. Thanks.

Edited by bsl100 - 15 June 2015 at 11:02pm
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 1:19pm
I believe you just go through and order normally. The VAT will be taken off and should be charged locally at the destination along with any duty if any. 

I can't recall what delivery service is used, but it should be courier. 

When do you get your fs-x samples? Shame you aren't closer, I'd love to hear them. Let us know what you think of them. 

Cheers

David
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 1:37pm
The FS-X team contacted me last evening. I am one of the five backers selected to be given a  set of stereo pair review samples. Should be getting the stereo pair of FS-X around June end according to them.

The 2.1 Minirig package is now really tempting and am glad you have done this. I am really keen to get my hands on this set up. Sites like amazon deliver products to India and have the delivery charges and import duties marked out. Its easier getting it that way and save hassles at customs. Unfortunately, you are not delivering to India through the amazon site.

I am now going to see if this can be either done via Germany or the USA. My partner will be in Germany this month and I can have him get this. Do you have plans to sell these in the US. I have folk there who would be visiting India later this year. Can have them pick it up instead.
nativelayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 3:04pm
I use a (spare) 9v power adaptor for a BT home hub and I can spank it while powering up; no problems with the battery life and I've had mine for well over a year Smile
There is no authority but yourself.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 9:50am
Originally posted by bsl100 bsl100 wrote:

The FS-X team contacted me last evening. I am one of the five backers selected to be given a  set of stereo pair review samples. Should be getting the stereo pair of FS-X around June end according to them.

The 2.1 Minirig package is now really tempting and am glad you have done this. I am really keen to get my hands on this set up. Sites like amazon deliver products to India and have the delivery charges and import duties marked out. Its easier getting it that way and save hassles at customs. Unfortunately, you are not delivering to India through the amazon site.

I am now going to see if this can be either done via Germany or the USA. My partner will be in Germany this month and I can have him get this. Do you have plans to sell these in the US. I have folk there who would be visiting India later this year. Can have them pick it up instead.

I just checked and the package discount is only available through our site and only available to EU customers at the moment. Best to order through our site and get it sent to Germany if that's convenient. 

You could buy through one of our retailers..but you may have to pay import duty/vat when it arrives in India.

I hope the FS-X works out well. The driver they have chosen isn't the best BMR.....it sims 7db less efficient than the Minirig. That said, BMRs do sound really nice and can perform better than TS simulations. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 79>