Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 12:37pm
Davey,

With regards to the new bluetooth minirigs, does the metal body degrade the bluetooth performance? Ive tried to build bluetooth metal speakers before and i couldnt get a a bluetooth module to function whilst inside.

davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:38am
ooohhhhh... good question and the reason I spent 6 solid months and all my energy trying to figure out how the hell to make an antenna work in a metal enclosure. With standard antenna designs the metal of the driver, grill and tube de-tune the antenna really badly.

In the end we finally cracked it.. it's a totally custom antenna design but kinda similar to those found in metal bodied phones such as iphone 6 and samsung s6. 

So yea, we ended up with a robust design which can achieve over 50 meters line-of-sight or "next room" performance inside. It's been fully OTA tested in the lab and has a really nice omni-directional gain pattern. 

Had zero complaints so far about Bluetooth range :)

Minirig portable soundsystem movement
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 6:30pm
great review here for the minirig, need to upgrade myself to the new version I think

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/bluetooth-minirig-1298919/review
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 11:05pm
I figured I would run my Minirig flat, because it dawned on me that I don't think I've ever run it flat before. It's going on 5 days now & the thing refuses to die...!
asidhowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asidhowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 4:54pm
Bought the Original minirig and was thinking to get the Bluetooth version but its just too expensive at  e200 then factoring delivery on top its just to much, I was thinking to get the 2.1 system but at nearly e600 including delivery its not gonna happen... shame :( 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

I figured I would run my Minirig flat, because it dawned on me that I don't think I've ever run it flat before. It's going on 5 days now & the thing refuses to die...!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Porkstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porkstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 11:29pm
I have put a mini rig on birthday list.

That is all...
chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 9:48pm
Just got my Minirig for the holiday as wifey wanted some tunes for by the pool.  Sounds great, and by the look and feel of it, a very well made product.
Ive not had chance to audition it to the fullest but with some middle of the roads housey type stuff it sounds nice and clear. Ive found that careful positioning of the unit improves the bass response better than adjusting the eq (on my phone).  A little too much low end and the speaker sounds like its not happy. This could be an issue with the phone though.

Ive watched Daveys progress with this speaker on the forum since he started it many years ago. A massive thumbs up for a genuine UK designed and manufactured product.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 11:08pm
Sounds mad but.... if you lodge it in a traffic cone and aim it at you it sounds wicked!! Wifey bought me one and now im sooooo happy
chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 7:41am
She bought you a traffic cone? Most people just nick em.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 8:21am
Originally posted by chris_k chris_k wrote:

She bought you a traffic cone? Most people just nick em.

im a simple man... and if the wife BOUGHT me a traffic cone to shut me up for a few hours would you not say its money well spent on her part? Im sure she would!! (And no i ment the minirig! Lol)
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 9:26am
How much does a traffic cone go for these days?
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 79>