Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 79>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 9:35am
How many traffic cones can i fit in the current Minirig rucksack? Will they be available in different colors to match the speakers? 

LOL
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
jimac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2015 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

“The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten” -Sir Henry Royce

Classic quote. 

My favourite is "buy cheap, buy twice"

It's a lesson you learn in life, but easier to preach if you have the money to spend in the first place

Very true and why I have been extolling the qualities of the Minirig since day 1.

Have 2 original ones, a sub and the bag (and 2* xiaomi 10400 powerbanks for keeping the sub running longer, as that shuts down a long time before the minirigs).

Prior to buying these, I have wasted more than the total of the minirig setup on "portable speakers" and battery packs.  All of which have been binned.  
They may *seem* expensive, but do what I actually wanted in the first place and I see them not only as a worthwhile investment, but a bargain.

Sometimes, quality is worth paying for and you get something which is actually a pleasure to use and will last a long time.  :)

I am going to add two more to fill the bag up.
Incidentally, how would you suggest I connect up in a 4.1 config Dave?

Now, if only I'd done my research and bought a phone which was actually licensed for aptx (I bought a fantastic Nubia Z9 Max, which apart from not supporting aptx is perfect)
Porkstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porkstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 9:09pm
I'd just like to add that I recently got a couple of minirig's for my bday and I'm really impressed. Having messed around with 12v dc systems I can appreciate how much time, effort and skill must have gone into developing these. The range I get with my iphone is excellent, the battery life is great and the size and weight means they can go holiday with us or to the beach. Considering what they can do I think they are good value!
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 4:08pm
I bought a Minirig for my wife - very happy with the sound, a pleasing warm quality.
Problem is that the sound cuts out after 15-20 mins Bluetooth from an iPad or iPhone. This requires a restart of the minirig.
Very annoying, anyone noticed this? I think I will have to go back if I can't solve the issue in the next couple of days.
S.
sheep_production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheep_production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 11:11am
these r great. they sound very nice
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 11:21am
Great through the mini jack; absolute sh!t via Bluetooth (very weak audio signal and drops out constantly). A shame because I really wanted to like this product that is basically very good. I fear that the wireless connectivity proved too much for Minirig.
S
jimac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 1:05pm
I suspect that is either a faulty unit, or a problem with your music source.

I have 4 of them and they all sound great (also have the sub, which is OK, but has had to go back for repairs twice) and the range has been pretty awesome to be honest

However, the sound (and usable range/distance)/is markedly worse if i am using my Pipo M9pro tablet over Bluetooth, where it sounds great playing the same tracks from my HTC One.

What device are you streaming from?
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 12:13pm
The bluetooth range should be up to 50m line of sight... its a good antenna and top of the range bluetooth SOC. So if you have a problem then it's your device or a fault with the Minirig - in which case please contact support :)
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 8:49pm
Streaming from my MacBook Air (2012 model) gives very poor reception on the minirig chosen as the slave, somewhat better reception on the master unit. Swapped the minirigs to be sure it was not a faulty unit. The slave appears to give the poorest performance.
Turned off Wi-Fi emanating from the home to rule out local interference.
Reset Bluetooth on Mac.
Switched off/ turned on Minirigs.
Still the streaming from the Macbook did not go well. Too many dropouts on the slave unit.

Streaming from my HTC phone (2012) works perfectly each time with 10 m or more - line of sight.

Was going to get an iPad but reconsidering as I begin to suspect bluetooth incompatibility issues between the minirigs and Apple. Do any Apple users have success with streaming music to the minirigs?
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

I bought a Minirig for my wife - very happy with the sound, a pleasing warm quality.
Problem is that the sound cuts out after 15-20 mins Bluetooth from an iPad or iPhone. This requires a restart of the minirig.
Very annoying, anyone noticed this? I think I will have to go back if I can't solve the issue in the next couple of days.
S.

Which iPad, iPhone are you streaming from?
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Porkstone Porkstone wrote:

I'd just like to add that I recently got a couple of minirig's for my bday and I'm really impressed. Having messed around with 12v dc systems I can appreciate how much time, effort and skill must have gone into developing these. The range I get with my iphone is excellent, the battery life is great and the size and weight means they can go holiday with us or to the beach. Considering what they can do I think they are good value!

Which iPhone are you streaming from?
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

The bluetooth range should be up to 50m line of sight... its a good antenna and top of the range bluetooth SOC. So if you have a problem then it's your device or a fault with the Minirig - in which case please contact support :)

Yes, they sound wonderful davey t, what a great job you have done! I will get the Apple support to have a thorough look at my MacBook Bluetooth connection for any problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 79>