Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 10:31pm
Mines currently at Minirig HQ being revived! Ended up sending it for repairs
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
Kliknick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kliknick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 6:46am
Haaghala, what about Your sub. Did You get it back?
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 4:27pm
Update: got my Minirig back from their repair shop....£20 for it to be fixed (broken driver) and came back in a Minirig case and with new cables....couldn't have asked for a better service! :) even happier customer than before
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 10:15am
Hi out there!
Tomorrow theres gonna be a Soundbike parade in Copenhagen, and therefore i decided to creater som holders for my Minirig and my sub on my single speed bikecycle!
It has been made so it can be mounted in the waterbottle holder holes or by the lock around the frame and the speakers are being hold in place by straps.

It's being 3D printed at the moment, so when it's done i will post the result.

Heres some pictures so you can see how it's gonna look.

bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2016 at 1:21pm
Hi David,

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Minirig Subwoofer from your website.

Plan to connect it with the JBL Xtreme to create a true outdoors portable set up by using a bluetooth adapter into the subwoofer and then connecting it to the Xtreme. Got this idea after watching Clavinetjunkie fooling around with the MR sub with different speakers on his youtube post. 

I have read this post of yours on amazon UK: "Hi Joseph, yes the Bose Mini is already EQ'd to be overly bass heavy (but not as clear at the Minirig in our opinion) so adding the Minirig sub would do little - especially since they will not be in phase or in time: 
Using the aux input, the Bose has a noticeable latency (delay) due to the digital processing whereas the Minirig and Minirig sub have no delay. So you can't link the Bose with any other speaker as it will be out of time. 
Hope this helps."

I hope this will not be the case with the MR sub and the JBL Xtreme. These two together have the potential of creating a good set up for outdoors and have a potential 70-80Watts portable speaker with good battery back up. Just wish that the Xtreme had a line out as well as it would have avoided having to add a bluetooth adapter.

Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2016 at 2:26pm
hi bsl100, why not use a Minirig pair instead of the JBL Xtreme with a MiniSub? Cannot see an advantage...Confused
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 8:52pm
Update on my Minirig soundbike :)
I was hoping for mounting both in the waterbottle mountholes, but found out the were to close to be there, so i have tried out mounting the Minirig face up/backwards and the Sub with the port downwards.
Sounded really good and really made some sound on max :)
Will try to mount the minirig facing upwards, to hear the diffrence, the only backside i see there is that it will be blasting straight in my face.

And we are talking mm of space from the holder to the pedals!
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 8:59pm
Really great concept and finish!
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 10:06pm
@ Joji... I already have the JBL Xtreme and want to create a true outdoors portable monster.
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 10:12pm
interesting! keep us posted with your experience of the Xtreme, MiniSub combo Smile
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 6:55am
This is the mk1.
Will try to make it more adaptable and lower the cost on the printing.
The printer i have at work is a proffesionel with heated printer room and all that, so a cartridge of ABS is extremely expensive.
Does two parts was about 130£.
Next in the process is, adaptable, less printing, new locking system :D

Dont know if people would bye it or print it themselfs?
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 7:14am
I would like to be able to mount the Left & Right speakers and possibly also the Sub on the bike handle. Could such an option be incorporated into your design?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 79>