Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:13am
Just the info I needed , thanks btw , lost USB cable so needed an alternative . Now charging happily again
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Joji Joji wrote:

Never had rattling occur on my subs. Have used them daily for over a year now. Perhaps there is a part that has come loose inside? Sometimes I experience that a sub may enter an annoying low pitched-hum mode, which I can get rid of by powering off and on.

Regarding the charging problem in earlier posts, I have had them too, however, followed the reset instructions, and all was fine.

Has anyone tried the new MRBT2? The ClavinetJunkie video clips really impressed me. Wonder if the compatibility issues the MRTB1 had with MacOS has been resolved in the newer version.

Got one for my birthday the other day, but it wasn't delivered by the mail yet, but it came today, so when i get my hands on it i will post a oponion and comparrison with the mk1 cable. :)
joe_tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe_tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 3:25pm
Did I just kill my minirig?
I plugged a 12v wall charger into the minirig directly (no USB) and the speaker immediately made a popping sound, I unplugged it straight away but the sound continued happening intermittently every 20-odd seconds for a few minutes. It stopped but now the minirig doesn't seem to be charging when I plug it in via the usb cable that came with the speaker. I've plugged it in for over an hour and the light still hasn't lit up even when I press the button. Is it ruined? Have I likely just blown a fuse, or damaged the speaker itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just got the thing and am now tearing my hair out with frustration at my stupidity.
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 10:55pm
leave your hair in, you may need to get it fixed / return it, but it's not the end. not sure what's happened, hope you get it sorted
Kerrse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 7:33am
Sad times my Minirig Sub battery has died, email sent & hopefully can get it repaired as not a good time of year to be without it :)
oren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 1:10am
just a heads up.   If a wire comes loose in your minirig and you open it uo to fix it . Open the bottom bolts first. I made the mistake of doing the opposite. Now my minig isent tightened properly and the driver rattles.
Music is nice..
oren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 1:13am
Also does anyone know the specs of theminirig v2 drivers. If iz dont get round to sending mine off to get fixed i might try make Wooden cab for it. Has anyone made custom speakers with the minirig drivers ?
Music is nice..
Danielfrisbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielfrisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 2:06am
I'm turning my daihatsu hijet 99 into a kind of shit camper van. I had been building a big stereo with around ten speakers in total, which sounded hilarious but was a mess of wires and it all took up a lot of space. It's a very small little van, and I was wondering about making mounts for slightly upward facing minirigs in the front doors and the sub in the middle below the dash. I've not had much time with minirigs and not heard the sub. While it's never going to sound like a monster car stereo, I'd welcome any thoughts on how any of you might think my idea would work. One big plus would be the energy draw should be a lot lower, can charge them from the car battery while driving. Plus the option to stick all the speakers in a canoe or wherever. Good idea or bad idea..!?
Thanks
Daniel
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 2:54am
https://youtu.be/PbjxA5txWpg

Watch this and decide
bsl100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsl100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 3:03am
Hi Dave,

Whats the Update about?

Regards
Danielfrisbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielfrisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 3:16am
Thanks for that, amusing and comprehensive.. I can see that running two subs would be very tempting. It only it were all! Affordable. Still, definitely going to look into this as the solution. Thanks!
jeu198 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeu198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 3:46pm
I have a rattle in one of my minirig speakers. Most annoying. It's also lost 3 of its 4 rubber feet despite hardly ever leaving it's case. Strange as my mate's minirigs got battered all over the place for years and are fine. One of mine is also fine. It must be an unusual problem...

Edited by jeu198 - 23 October 2017 at 3:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 79>