Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mobile soundsystems needed for st pauls carnival
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile soundsystems needed for st pauls carnival

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Tapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile soundsystems needed for st pauls carnival
    Posted: 18 June 2014 at 11:28am
Hello All

Ok St Pauls Carnival is upon us http://www.stpaulscarnival.co.uk/ 

We have been asked by the council to provide decent quality mobile soundsystems for 16 schools
around Bristol, this will involve all the kids and adults dressing up and dancing behind the music as we move through the crowds around the St Pauls area, once this is done it would be nice to all meet up and have a little link-up somewhere.

There is a slight budget involved to cover fuel and food costs, so if you think your 12V rig is going to be loud enough to entertain some people at Bristol Carnival please get in touch, i think if this is done correctly it would be a good yearly 12v meeting for us to attend.

PM for more details

This was us last year

Carnival 2014: Saturday 5th July

Edited by Tom Tapey - 18 June 2014 at 11:33am
Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 12:31pm
I might be up for that with my boominator................

who provides the music, the schools?

*BJ*
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:25pm
The schools provide the music. Last year there were two tracks for each float which are repeated again and again for an hour
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:29pm
Messaged a friend who has a 12v system i built and is in Bristol, how long are prosessions?  It runs off a LifEpO4 pack that will only last about an hour at full output.  

Who made the system on the left?  HF  horns look nice.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 3:35pm
That is Dopler by the looks of it, one of Davey T's, I think the orange one is one of his too.

Would love to bring the outrider to this but a bit far (and the van is lying on it's back with its legs in the airOuch)
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 11:53pm
What a great initiative Clap
Baron Greenback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Greenback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 8:11am
OK, so I do not have a 12V system suitable, I but I have been a regular attender at St. Pauls carnival for the past 3 years and this sounds like a fantastic crack!  Keep us posted on whether it goes well, I will of course be there this year, I have booked 7 days off work over the period ;-).  I recon I could get the missus onside with regards investment of time etc for coming up with quite a tasty addition to next year proceedings, so please keep us posted.  I recon a kind of speaker-chariot drawn by the effort and sweat of willing children... ahh that is what we need... the little blighters putting something back into society... I can just picture it now... "you there... put your back into it boy!"  ha ha ha! (you will have to excuse my humour I am afraid it has been a long night!).
The doctor recons I'm paranoid... well he didn't say it exactly, but I just knew the bastard was thinking it!
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

That is Dopler by the looks of it, one of Davey T's, I think the orange one is one of his too.

Would love to bring the outrider to this but a bit far (and the van is lying on it's back with its legs in the airOuch)

i think the middle ones his aswell
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

They're all our old systems... sold on as we upgraded. Brought back together last year for a "reunion"
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Tom Tapey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Tapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

They're all our old systems... sold on as we upgraded. Brought back together last year for a "reunion"

Doppler is based on a collaboration of people, it has had many re-designs over the years but the slim bin and tractrix horn design is the final result. It would like to get the slim bin design up at some point it would be great to see more of those kicking around for link-ups!

So in the picture there are 4 slim bins, 1 booty bass, 2 tractix horns and 2 standard pa horns.

Anyway who is going to get there 12v rig for carnival, a maximum of 2 hours playing music for the schools, music is provided by the carnival committee, once that is done we can go and have some fun within reason Wink  

Edited by Tom Tapey - 19 June 2014 at 9:51am
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 12:52pm
I'd be up for this in principle .... but logistics would rule me out TBH.

Is it proper West Indies carnival style music (i.e. reggae, soca) ?

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 1:21pm
are there any better pics of the slim bin 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>