Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modding already built superscoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modding already built superscoop
    Posted: 10 December 2010 at 12:05pm
it's probs not worth it, and it probably would make much difference to the sound since I can't afford to buy new drivers. but the number of times I've looked at my scoops and tried to think of beneficial ways to em open and try and do something clever to alter chamber size or shape of them.
Other than cutting out handles and attaching wheels which I intent to do one day, I can never think of anything which I then think, it wouldn't be worth the effort, better off building new ones.

but maybe someone has some ideas?

I'm almost certainlly not going to cut them open, as I like the sound of them, but sometimes I do wish for a bit more RAAAAAAAARRRR POWER from them as when you start really testing a UA6 into 4 '600 watt' fane collossus you know that it might be time to get back to the drawing board.
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 12:38pm
you can add braces in the terminal horn section, you can braces in the compression chamber and reduce the volume. this mod can give you more cone control but less lowend so maybe less RAAAAAAAARRRR POWER
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 3:24pm
i run modified supers but they were modified during the built so i have no suggestions on how to modify a finished scoop but i have tried fane, turbomax and 186's in my supers but felt the same as you do, just couldn't help want them to be more brutal......in the end the only solution was to load them with 1850's and now i'm very happy. ua6 is a monster amp so i'd be carefull with your drivers.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 3:35pm
ua6 is a monster amp so i'd be carefull with your drivers. +1 may be worth you cuttin them a little higher(35,38ish) when you are giving them some stick,heard a ua6 give 3 1850s a side a hard time!!!

Edited by paulus - 10 December 2010 at 3:35pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 4:04pm
Inverting the driver would increase the chamber volume by approximately 12 liter, this might not be the safest solution, at least it could give you an idea if it's worth the effort or not.

Regards Johan

bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 4:07pm
are you telling me to give them LESS power!!! that's not how you make em go louder!!!

I actually have a low cut at 40Hz on the crossover which I use when we're really rinsing it and that saves over excurting the drivers in a lot of conditions. But those fanes can take a lot. They take a good beating from that amp.

Great combo the fane superscoops and the JTS, makes a lovely sound.

yeah pd1850s are louder in them than fane 600 xb things. But if I were to get new drivers I think I would build new boxes to put them in.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 4:51pm

cut it at 25-30hz. 40 is too high!

Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

cut it at 25-30hz. 40 is too high!

xb + ua6 + 25-30hz cut....    Clown

lev say start topic on fsp an him will chat but V18-1000 is maddest driver in super if you want better than that  build modified eminence and drop in 1850

Edited by YoungBlood - 10 December 2010 at 5:01pm
"chyll wynstan.."
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 8:06pm
bloody scoop forum!!

WHAT-EVA
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 9:19pm
rip out the dog leg bit
F.T.S.S.
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 9:39pm
???
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 11:51pm

in the original plan is dog leg a part of the throat's reduction..

Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>