Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Modular Horn" by Mr Punisher?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Modular Horn" by Mr Punisher?
    Posted: 19 January 2009 at 4:06pm
So I've found that speakerstore, the place where the punnisher lives, houses some other interesting designs. One that caught my eye as I was looking to find a loving home for my sweet new quartet of 18sound 18lf1400 was the "Module-Horn"designed by the same pair also responcible for the legendary Punisher horn. Anyone else looked into this crazy new concept? What's this puppy do in simulation? Anyone built some?    

Go to 'Speakerstore.nl' then hit 'constructions' then find 'module-horn' on list.        Sorry can't cut n paste right now.
"Always look on the bright side of life" -Brian
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 4:36pm
http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?pg=11&c=17

Quite similar to a scoop layout but with a sealed chamber. how do they join the 2 cabs? only with 2 strings?

Edited by bitzo - 19 January 2009 at 4:38pm
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 5:25pm
It will be a very nice sounding cab. The 'modules' are held together by their weight and a ratchet strap.

I imagine they'd be great for a system where efficiency is more important than things like size and weight.
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 6:28pm
Rachett straps are in the design but I was thinking of a set of lids for storage and transit with opposite genders on recessed latches such as the ones used in gig racks n cases. Anyone think they'd hold up to the vibes?
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 4:12pm
I was thinking the same when I was looking into this. I also thought of routing a small groove with silicon sealant in all the way round the edge between where the modules seal together. It'd compress to give an airtight seal when you put them together. It'd wear out yeah, but it wouldn't be visible when stacked and could easily by re applied every few months.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 4:36pm
With a bit of thought during construction, the two halves could be fastened together with locating lugs or strips and heavy duty flightcase butterfly catches.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 5:53pm
Might want to search for the thread about Rog's monster scoops which were in 2 sections.  There was quite a lot of discussion about joining methods in there...

Edit:  the Rubic Horn, worth looking if only for the costume  Big smile

Edited by norty303 - 22 January 2009 at 5:56pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 6:24pm
Just do it in one cab......................

Buy a bigger truck and  start working out
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 7:46pm
How'd y'all know I drive me a truck?

I've got D-bag cloths of my own, thx... Maybe when (and if) I finish the cabs, I'll get a shot of my amazing DIY 'blown up' jeans featuring 70 inch cuffs. Ahhh, the rediculous 90's Rave scene.

I think I'll try adding a lip bisecting the joining surfaces w neoprene material between and twist locks to hold em together. I wonder if King Rog (respectfully) would be willing to divuldge which brand of lock he found that doesn't rattle ones brains to pieces as I suspect most would.

SonicXtasy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonicXtasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:14pm
Can anybody input these plans in Hornresp? Can the throat and sealed chamber be modified to fit a 15? I assume that it would not be as efficient but should still have the effortless 35Hz?
The member formally known as vwbidder.
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:19am
Don't the Dandilion reggae sound system have some modular (2 part) scoops? I swear they were on the forum some place.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
SonicXtasy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonicXtasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 11:38am
Originally posted by FUBARD303 FUBARD303 wrote:

How'd y'all know I drive me a truck?

Because Y'ALL from TexasTongue! I don't even think they have cars there unless they are as big as trucksWink.
The member formally known as vwbidder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>