Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Modular Horn" by Mr Punisher?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 8:23pm
Alright b!tches,

i guess i was confused thinking this was 'speakerplans.com' as opposed to the clearly implyed 'myspeakerplanisbetterthanyours.fu' guess i'll not be making that mistake again. you guys rock like yani.

anywho,

i do like the idea of the vented horn but from what i can tell, the reccomended driver is quite diferent from what ive got. i think the 186 is best for me right now as theres a tasty bit on that forum with such interaction and it doesnt look too far over my head. 

and I'll be keeping my tobakey THANX! Pig

"Always look on the bright side of life" -Brian
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 8:31pm
fubard don't get angry because of this.....I agree with you there are few forum member from you could learn. I guess so much people search who have/build/designed the best cab, but IMHO I have to search how...not who. good luck for other thread
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 9:05pm
Not angry, just frustrated at the fact that im being forced by this comunity to educate myself, research and make a positive contribution before being given anything. comunists Angry !

Wink

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 4:48am
Fubard
put the 18 sound in both of these, I have simmed them for you and you will likey allot

now, you both get an extra 30 minutes in the playground for being extra nice today 

ppwwaatttt....ttinnnnggggg!!!!  <spitting>
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 5:01am
Originally posted by FUBARD303 FUBARD303 wrote:

Not angry, just frustrated at the fact that im being forced by this comunity to educate myself, research and make a positive contribution before being given anything. comunists Angry !

Wink

if we didn't do it this way, you would take your plans and we would never see you again......your not a Chinese texan?

would be nice for you to stick around, I like your sense of humour, you remind me of HBL

"bitches" LOL

Edited by mykey - 02 February 2009 at 5:05am
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 2:41pm
Sweet, thx mykey! I LOVE the playground as long as there's plenty of mud.

So, gimme a few weeks to make ply purchases; I will post pics of the TexSpit sound machine once it's up n runnin.

Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 1:25pm
http://amanosempai.narod.ru/booster.htm

Edited by Amano - 03 February 2009 at 1:26pm
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 3:10pm
Sweet one Amano, this great looking cab deserves it's own thread!

I like... :)
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 9:39pm
Hello guys,

This M-horn is quite an old design, way before the Punisher was designed. Using a stack of 3 Punishers is about the same size as one full M-horn and will give up to 10dB higher maximum output.

So far I know only very few people build a M-horn, nobody seems to have the perfect solutions for coupling both modules.

If you are very limited on the money I still think it is a good idea to buy one good driver (this can be 18" or 12" doesn't really matter) and build a horn for it as big as possible.

However, for the same bulk multiple Punishers will be louder, this is because bigger power handling. As can be read in csg's Punisher construction topic a stack of Punishers goes low enough for most applications.

Best regards,

Walt

Edited by Contour - 03 February 2009 at 9:40pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:31am
"However, for the same bulk multiple Punishers will be louder, this is because bigger power handling. As can be read in csg's Punisher construction topic a stack of Punishers goes low enough for most applications. "

exactly

H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Amano Amano wrote:

http://amanosempai.narod.ru/booster.htm

Looks like you've been 'boosted' mykey........... what ya saying about this? Me thinks he drives a Saab!!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 10:49am
I haven't been boosted

me thinks he wears glass's, has no friends and uses a bus
he wants to make some friends on here though, who wants to put him up for the summer holidays? just make sure you have plenty of white salty bread and spam in the house....OH! and vodka if its cold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>