Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monitor design...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monitor design...
    Posted: 17 January 2012 at 10:56pm
Hello!

What do you prefer?

The sound is the most important thing  when your building speakers/monitors/subs. You can sell speakers to almost anyone without knowledge if they looking good. Monitors are in the front of the stage and the audience can have a good look at your monitors. There are some very good brands that also have a nice design. (Meyer for example) What if you can build monitors in birchply with curved front and back sections yourself? HD 15 has a curved section in the orginal plans but it was hard to get it OK (have 4 of them). I´m almost done with my first monitor of four.  I'll be back later this week with photos...

//Pope from Stockholm/Sweden
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 8:10pm
First monitor almost finished. Here is some photos:

Dref View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 8:36pm
Looks niceBig smile
Looking forward to see it loaded.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 9:01pm
Mycket mycket bra ser mycket bra  LOLClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 12:28am
Thumbs Up
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 6:13pm
Hi!

I´m almost finished building. Here is all 4 monitors without paint, grills and drivers:

dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 6:27pm
They do look very nice indeed, good stuff
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 6:47pm
3-way floor monitor? You are certainly a daring person!

You'll have to make sure their phase coherency is spot on... or that 6/8" covers a wide band!!

pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 7:48pm
I´m actually rebuilding these speakers. The drivers are Fane Studio 10M, 2 Fane HT 150 and a 5½" driver with unknown brand. There we used as monitors before but with a knee cap angle. The person who built them is a sound engineer so i hope he knew what he was doing.

Edited by pope - 08 March 2012 at 7:59pm
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 4:58pm
Finished! Grills is comming...

//pope

Edited by pope - 17 March 2012 at 5:10pm
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:17pm
I just got my monitors back with grills mounted. Just some more paint and they are ready to go. First event 21 april.

Edited by pope - 05 April 2012 at 6:22pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:43pm
Liking the grill punching, tidy work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>