Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most ryder freindly boxes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which brands are most in demand? We've all got a packed summer ahead!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.13%]
4 [10.26%]
0 [0.00%]
25 [64.10%]
8 [20.51%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most ryder freindly boxes?
    Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:55am
Festival season is here! Who's demanding what?
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:26am
I wanted to vote for more than one...

I would say in the live world (in the UK), L'Acoustics, D&B or Martin Audio are the main ones but there are others such as Meyer which are very good and rider friendly.

I don't think it's that common for specific brands to be specified on festival stages, as long as it's something that has a good reputation for doing the type of job in question.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 6:25am
L'Acoustics, Martin, D&B for the big stages. F1 still has their place on the smaller dance music stages.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 7:23am
how about em acoustics,, thought they woud have been up ther in the poll Smile

Edited by BASSHORSE - 02 May 2016 at 7:23am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 9:09am
I dont see Bose or Trouser audio in the list.......
Be seeing you.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 9:26am
L'Acoustics seems to be dominating over here at the moment like it has in Europe for the past 15-20 years or more.

Talking to some people at events they seem to think that it's a relatively new brand....
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:10pm
hey

yeah world over,  L'Acoustics closely followed by D&B are by far the most rider friendly brands.  (well, western world certainly, maybe not in Aisa etc lol I have no idea)

After that it becomes a little more regional either side of the pond:  in the UK and Europe Martin Audio has a strong showing, Meyer is still in there and then other brands like JBL, EV etc get a smattering of work. However in the US, those brands probably flip a bit, with JBL and Meyer having a much stronger position and Martin, while still being a strong contender, drops down a little. Adamson is up around that level too in the US, and EAW's Anya is picking up steam. 

Below this you have other brands like EM Acoustics, Coda Audio etc. (and I'm sure equivalent local US brands we wont have heard of).  The manufacturer wants to get them some exposure and provides a great deal, so they're picked up by big hire companies as a B or C system to put out for less important things or when their main brands are all out. They get used for events more on the reputation of the hire company itself and the fact that their customers trust that if they say it sounds great for an event that it'll be fine, rather than the recognition of the actual brand of the speakers as most people who aren't into sound and speakers like us won't have heard of them. 

k

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 02 May 2016 at 1:15pm
chunkydj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

I dont see Bose or Trouser audio in the list.......

Had a little chuckle when I read this LOLLOL trouser audio LOLLOL
fizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

how about em acoustics,, thought they woud have been up ther in the poll Smile

I wouldn't have - their subs arn't spectacular and consistency/qc leaves something to be desired when compared to the more established names.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:25pm
EM Acoustics are well accepted in theater / TV production, in the UK at least.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:20pm
Whats up with Void? I would of thought Incubus might of been mentioned for some of the summers dance tents.
Elpecador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elpecador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 8:41am
Hi Kevin,

What About Nexo. Whereto they sit?, I hear there STM system is impressive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>