Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.S.S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M.S.S
    Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:22pm

Heres a link to my work.

Will upload pics later today

MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 3:03pm

Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:19pm
In the bottom pic is that some martin s218s and the modules out of some f2 tops?
How did the tops sound?
purple monkey dishwasher
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

In the bottom pic is that some martin s218s and the modules out of some f2 tops?
How did the tops sound?

They are the Martin 218 and the f2 tops. They do sound good for their age.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:11am
How do the martin 218 sound up to 230hz?
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

How do the martin 218 sound up to 230hz?

I've haven't played the 218's up to 230hz, only upto 150hz to crossover to the f2. The f2 actually need a higher crossover point to the lower mids but didn't want to go too high on the 218
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:43am
Be carefull you dont foul the phase plug in the 12" crossing down at 150hz, you certainly wouldn't be able to run anywhere near full power at those settings, thats assuming they are original with the correct drivers and phase plugs? Be a shame to damage such a lovely driver Thumbs Up
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:02pm

Be carefull you dont foul the phase plug in the 12" crossing down at 150hz, you certainly wouldn't be able to run anywhere near full power at those settings, thats assuming they are original with the correct drivers and phase plugs? Be a shame to damage such a lovely driverĀ Thumbs Up

I know mate! I was noway near full power driving them because of this. As I had more kit elsewhere, I had to take the gamble and be very careful. I had limited them regardless, and had a man on that float to make sure it was running good, and also to check the wireless reciever signal too
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:32pm
them cdjs must of got shaken up! LOL
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

them cdjs must of got shaken up! LOL

I was holding on to them for dare life!! Especially on the way back to de-rig the set

LOL
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by MSS MSS wrote:

Be carefull you dont foul the phase plug in the 12" crossing down at 150hz, you certainly wouldn't be able to run anywhere near full power at those settings, thats assuming they are original with the correct drivers and phase plugs? Be a shame to damage such a lovely driver Thumbs Up

I know mate! I was noway near full power driving them because of this. As I had more kit elsewhere, I had to take the gamble and be very careful. I had limited them regardless, and had a man on that float to make sure it was running good, and also to check the wireless reciever signal too

Sorry mate didn't mean to sound patronising, just heard of so many horror stories! You've got some lovely kit there, Martin F2 sounds the nuts Big smile
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 6:52pm

Thought I would post a video, too many pics get posted on SP LOL

Enjoy!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>