Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mt1281

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mt1281
    Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:41pm
well its not got a c/d yet but i thought id post some pics of the boxes i just built, it a mt12 with my own 8 inch horn above it, and im going to mount the compression driver at the top of the 12" flare
(feel free to shoot me down and say why its a bad idea )gonna load them with pe32 and 8mi100but in im undecided on the comp and horn yet, ill try upload some pics
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:46pm
Why aren't you just shifting the 8" horn to the side and using the extra space for the 1"? Looks like enough space to fit a small horn like a DE10 or some bullets.
Don't test the champignon sound
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 8:06pm
im a symetry whore to be honest
WANTED usb drivers, avc2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 8:49pm
oh yeah, made a tilt/splay board that you can nearly see on top of the usbs in the background
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 10:22pm
They look wicked! Good job 
No Bass No Fun
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 2:04am
Looks good,  a small HF horn in the mouth of the 12" section wont affect the 12" much at all, its better to array vertically also so you avoid combing in the horizontal plane around the crossover between the 8" and the 1".
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
rhuet99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 2:58pm
Very cool boxes. Clap (symetry whore here as well)  The midrange horn is particularly interesting.  Have you done a bit of testing on it?  I was attempting something similar and roasted hotdogs over the failed prototypes last week.  In any case, I will be watching this thread with interest.  I have a few 12's begging for new boxes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 4:28pm
im afraid i havent been able to do any testing due to lack of funds, its case of hit and hope with this one, im a firm believer that any problems can be ironed out with a bit of eq/crossover twiddling, im only doing this as a hobby to build a little party stack and dont actually intend to make any monies from the rig, just need to order these drivers now and see how it sounds
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 5:53pm
i really like it. it's a road i'd like to go down with my mt-121s. have considered building the xtro horn in to the top space, but yours has a lot more going on with it. did you do much working out for the 8" horn or are you just jamming with it?
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Gonzo-4-bidden Gonzo-4-bidden wrote:

im afraid i havent been able to do any testing due to lack of funds, its case of hit and hope with this one, im a firm believer that any problems can be ironed out with a bit of eq/crossover twiddling, im only doing this as a hobby to build a little party stack and dont actually intend to make any monies from the rig, just need to order these drivers now and see how it sounds

I like it, its nice to see someone going back to basics a bit and just trying things out for the hell of it rather than looking at countless computer simulations and pages and pages of physics. Anyway, if it sounds as good as it looks it'll be immense.Thumbs Up

Edited by njw - 02 June 2012 at 6:13pm
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:31pm
+1 njw. 
Good work Gonzo.you gonna have to play around with delays once up and running but very nice.

Rish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 9:21am
ok so finally ordered some drivers, im using p audio sn12-mb and beyma 8mi-100, could anyond recommend a nice compression driver and horn, not too large so i can mount in front of the 12,
cheers
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>