Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple amps in same freq band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeberet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Well it depends on what you mean by '4 way', as in your example above you seem to link the number of amps directly to the number of 'ways' the system is.  6 or 7 amps would not make your system '6 way'

My rig is 5 way but runs off 3 amps mostly.  Subs off 1 amp, kicks off another amp, mids off ch1 of amp 3, tops and supertweeters (passively crossed) off ch2 of amp 3.

So you and your public hear music in mono??? Works goog? I think you lose lot of things (it depends of the kind of music/live to play...)
My WEB     
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:31am
hi all sorry for my intromission  here but I think to samebody can help me. I have one mixer and 3 amplifiers  what do I need  to send signal of the mixer to amplifiers ?
Im hard to learn but still asking
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:31am
 I play dj sound
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 8:43am
What speakers are connected to your amplifiers aperrado?

If the amps are all driving the same frequecy band, your question has been answered earlier in the thread. You take the signal from the mixer to amp 1, then use amp 1's signal link/out socket to link it to amp 2 and so on (or use a Y cable / splitter box if your amp has no link out socket).

If your amplifiers are driving different frequency bands (eg subs mid tops) you need an active crossover.

aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 11:01pm
ok
I use a pair of jbl jrx-125 whit crown c-2000         (full range)
other   pair of jbl jxr-125  whit a crest cpx-2600    (full range)
and a pair bass double 18'swith a peavey cs-3000 I use a peavey kosmos for the bass
the problem for me is that I need to send signal to every amp from the mixer with only one main output
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:11am
Ideally you need an active crossover to split the signal into bass to send to your peavey cs-3000, and mid / top to the two amps driving your jrx-125's.

Mixer > crossover > amplifiers > speakers

The type of thing you need is something like a Rane AC22 or AC23, or one of the Behringer CX models. There are other brands to choose from too, these are just examples.

At the moment all you can do is link the inputs of each amplifier, which means you are sending a full range signal to your subs - they won't sound their best like this.

Mixer > amp 1 > amp 2 > amp 3

Linking amplifier inputs is described by Norty back on page one of this thread. All of your amps have several inputs per channel, so you put signal into one (eg XLR) and connect another (e.g. barrier strip) to the next amp in the chain.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:42am
Quote Originally posted by topdiggy2

So, if I understand you all correctly. To link any amp, I can take the cable from my crossover and plug it into input #1 on amp#1, and then run another cable from input#2 on amp#1 to input #1 amp#2? Is this correct?

No.

Input 1 and 2 are two separate channels on your amp and are not linked inside the box. Connecting your sub signal to input 1 will not make it appear at input 2 of the same amp.

You have two inputs per channel on the amp you linked to a picture of (1 XLR, 1 jack). They ARE linked inside the box.

Actually, with the EP amps, if you run in parallel mode the ch2 inputs do function as outputs for linking out. See page 6 of the manual.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
big bad bass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big bad bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 4:13pm
that sound fukin mental i want to try but first to make me lil 10k an then on word to big, better sounds!!!! he he he me so naughty, me love the big sounds lol
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by big bad bass big bad bass wrote:

that sound fukin mental i want to try but first to make me lil 10k an then on word to big, better sounds!!!! he he he me so naughty, me love the big sounds lol

???
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 3:25am
????
windowgobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windowgobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:10pm
???
rooneypoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooneypoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 1:13am
Oh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>