Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 18" horn, Invader Bin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 12:06am
blimey, now heres an old post getting a ressurrecting..

its an older design of mine, intended for an f3 between about 33-40hz (i forget now, need to dig out details) with a fane 18b600 (the one with the super tough nylon pulp cone). the aim of these boxes, is to be big enough by themselfs, to give pretty good horn coupling with small numbers of boxes - whilst still acheiving a good degree of directivity compared to other similarly sized boxes.
design has been superceeded, so i may consider releasing the drawings for this one at some point. ill think on that one.

Edited by nineleaves - 03 March 2010 at 12:08am
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 12:36am
Oh yeah, i remember this from ages ago, they're nice, they do look very "psyco"!
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 12:37am
basically i'm on the look out for a front loaded horn with a similar/same size and mouth area to my superscoops.. so i can retire them and move to front loaded horns...  got 4 v1000 o box up when i retire the scoops and i want to go lower than 1850horns... and don't mind the extra size... infact i quite like a bit of it... which is why after trwaling for free plans to build i've hit these which look the ticket and the startec bins but not sure on the proportions on them.. too deep and too narrow, plus they take up more room than hogs... which is why yours and tomschute stable audio bins are starting to look very appealing but niether plan is released....

g

Edited by Calculus - 03 March 2010 at 12:40am
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 12:44am
see where things are at tommorow, ill let people know my intentions. ill probably redraw this in solidworks for tidyness sake if i do.
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 12:46am
niceone cheers for considering at least..
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:03am
Yeah im interested in a FLH which goes lower than 1850horn, they just dont go quite low enough for me
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:48am
build hog scoops

spl of scoops

control of flh
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

build hog scoops

spl of scoops

control of flh

would like to mmove away from the phase issues of a direct radiating compnent in the design.
and for transporting and stacking i prefer the the 600 x 1200 front shape rather than hogs with there 600x950ish front...

Edited by Calculus - 03 March 2010 at 2:37am
dj-panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 10:40am
very nice looking cab, look a little beat like the labhorn18 from amano.
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

build hog scoops

spl of scoops

control of flh

Some people will never believe this mate.But it's true.Got half of mine loaded with 1850s now,much better!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 2:13pm
1850s fuzz? I thought you were a v1000 fan?
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by dj-panoramix dj-panoramix wrote:

very nice looking cab, look a little beat like the labhorn18 from amano.

do you mean the 18" booster... becuase that cab is really too deep for me could almost fit two scoops in the space of that cab... fair enough for conversation sake, does have a similar look but still not what i'm looking for. and nine leaves cabs don't look that deep...

Edited by Calculus - 03 March 2010 at 2:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>