Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my new setup :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:57pm
bump bump after a year. "12v" system now got a corner in the living room and i can work on it no need to pack into the lockup :-)
got some new drivers, one new big sure amp, 36v power supply for home use.
now on a mission to built a wooden rack for the amps, some cable shopping and should be ready for the season.

Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

* The second part of my quote was to fuse them accordingly near the battery end.

I would really reccomend Bimble Solar MCBs £10.53 for a 20a breaker. Essential stuff
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:24pm
Woops! Sorry! Only just realised early bit of the thread was from a couple of years ago...... Cracking 12v setup there Amlu
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 8:43pm
I got the bike from the local bikeshop. Ill put their ad on the bike and gave them 2 broken bikes and got this. Its an old postal service electrical bike without the electrics (made in china,too expensive to fix).

Really nice to drive as it has suspension in the front and its made for heavy loads. Had some people smiling when I drove thru the town while playin dub music :D

So this is what my 12volt sound looks like now!

"what!?"
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 9:54pm
managed to drag the system out for a little free gathering. 
running 36v and 24v for amplifiers and separate 12v for inverter and mixer.
got dcx for processing, makes a big nice difference to able to set things properly.
especially high pass filters on the bass.

charged it off solar. then it got cloudy, fired up a 700watts suitcase generator, mostly for testing if that way will work.  topped the batteries with two smps supplies on 12v and 36v rails, then old bill asked us to leave at midday, come back with batteries 75% full...

Edited by amlu - 28 June 2015 at 11:15pm
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 1:03am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCSsZY3a67A

Edited by amlu - 25 August 2015 at 10:32pm
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 2:13am
Just jumped on the end of this thread, if you want quick,cheap,nasty battery cables 4x4mm Spkr lead makes nice 16mm cables, that WILL take 80A, unlike 200A jump leads!!!!!
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Just jumped on the end of this thread, if you want quick,cheap,nasty battery cables 4x4mm Spkr lead makes nice 16mm cables, that WILL take 80A, unlike 200A jump leads!!!!!
Thats nice advice
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

some fat tunes on the system

It doesn't work :(
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 1:12pm

system went out, started the party at 7pm, picture taken at 4am, was quite loud in there and only 1 volt gone from the battery bank :-)
separate 12v battery for inverter power needed plenty of recharging, had 70 watts worth of mixer and turntables connected to it.

Edited by amlu - 31 August 2015 at 1:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234