Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Chat Room Added

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Chat Room Added
    Posted: 28 April 2010 at 1:46pm
Have just added a new Chat Room to the forum, found by clicking the Chat link at the top of the page, or just use the link below:-

http://forum.speakerplans.com/chat.asp

It's quite basic at the moment but the basic structure is there and want to see how well it actually works with people using it and get some idea of performance, server loads, and feedback.

Give it ago and see what you think.

You need to be a registered forum member in order to use it.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 4:43pm
good idea - hopefully will clean up the forum a bit - more speaker tech talk 
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 4:46pm
though i'd mention

You can only view one line of text as you type, anything over that is out of sight until posted
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 5:31pm
would there be a way so that only people with 10 posts or more can use chat? or it will be adverts and stuff
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

would there be a way so that only people with 10 posts or more can use chat? or it will be adverts and stuff

I think only "Old Crocs" should have access, otherwise it will be Bots and Worms splashing up links in a week.

Edited by levyte357 - 28 April 2010 at 5:38pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:00pm
or maybe just long time members... otherwise i cant chat

Edited by Calculus - 28 April 2010 at 6:01pm
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

I think only "Old Crocs" should have access, otherwise it will be Bots and Worms splashing up links in a week.

im not a bot or a worm but im also not an old croc yet. i definatly you should have to of had a certain number of posts but not 1500 posts as that will stop alot of us from using it.
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:05pm
MIKE..!!! DO NOT TALK POO IN THE CHAT ROOM WHEN YOUR DRUNK LOLOLOLOLOLO

Message to myself
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Ryan94 Ryan94 wrote:

im not a bot or a worm but im also not an old croc yet. i definatly you should have to of had a certain number of posts but not 1500 posts as that will stop alot of us from using it.

Maybe 750 then... Embarrassed
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 4:37am
I would like to have timestamped messages and longer message buffer after you have joined the chat. Both of these could be optional and done with user settings.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 29 April 2010 at 7:11am
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 9:01am
Thanks for the feedback, will certainly look at adding more features now that I know the basic framework actually works.

It did originally have timestamps, but they were removed as it will take longer to implelment with the user and forum time off-sets, although you can use the online member screen to see who is active.

The key for the online members is:-

Grey user: Has window/tab open, but off doing something else
Blue user: Has the window/tab open and is active on that window
Blue with pencil: Currently writing a message
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:41am
hi im new here, ive run my own event for a couple of year now and started to like the different sound systems i come accross at free partys etc, so looked into building my own, so was just looking for sum advice on where to start.

Thanks rich
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>