Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New outdoor speaker - Soundboks by saturnus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 1:15pm
In a similar vein, also might be worth contacting 20Hz Soundsystem in Sheffield via FB - if you do a demo at one of Akid's events I bet you could sell one or two. Their crowd went for Minirigs in a big way, and are generally very enthusiastic about soundsystem culture.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 1:41pm
I've got one of the first deliveries Kyle you can have a play then
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 12:02pm
Question I forgot to ask .... whats the deal with taking those LiFePo4 batteries on planes ?
Do you declare them in advance when booking tickets ? Do you carry safety certs (UN xxxxxx ) - if so - do the airport security bods just accept that OK ? (I mean the airport bods, not the airline check-in bods). I've heard the airport bods can (and sometimes do) ignore/override any airline permissions or certs.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
mr. doom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr. doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Question I forgot to ask .... whats the deal with taking those LiFePo4 batteries on planes ?
Do you declare them in advance when booking tickets ? Do you carry safety certs (UN xxxxxx ) - if so - do the airport security bods just accept that OK ? (I mean the airport bods, not the airline check-in bods). I've heard the airport bods can (and sometimes do) ignore/override any airline permissions or certs.

Depends, since  almost every passenger has a device loaded with lithos and likely a laptop loaded with 18650's in checked baggage security is probably familiar with what batteries look like.  Check with the  airline, My DIY amp/litho box looks like a bomb and I would be surprised if they let it on a plane.  
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by mr. doom mr. doom wrote:

Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Depends, since  almost every passenger has a device loaded with lithos and likely a laptop loaded with 18650's in checked baggage security is probably familiar with what batteries look like.  Check with the  airline, My DIY amp/litho box looks like a bomb and I would be surprised if they let it on a plane. 

Yeah alot of LiPo packs are gonna be looking like a Roadrunner style "Acme Bomb" - including my RC-type LiPo ones. No UN38.3 certs for those.

Saturnus's LiFePo4 packs may very well have that cert (maybe printed on the pack itself).
I suspect if you announce it to the airline in advance and carry the cert - it'll be OK for airline  check-in,  but the airport bods seem to be a law unto themselves .... and are probably told to err on the side of extreme caution with this.

In theory packs <100Wh (to allow for laptop packs) are exempt ..... but I suspect its really just down to what the packs looks like, and if they've seen one before.

Edited by slaz - 30 April 2016 at 1:25pm
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 1:41pm
They are certified. With the certification printed on them. No need for you to do anything.

They are also under the 100Wh limit at 12.8V@7.8Ah or 99.84Wh exactly. Yeah, that was intentional. :-)

Any trouble, just point to the fact that they are under 100Wh and have UN38.3 compliance certificate printed on them.

Worst that can happen is that you are told to carry them on-board with your carry-on luggage. Please note, you are allowed to take 2 such battery packs with you. It's not 100Wh maximum total, it's maximum 100Wh for each.

Link to IATA regulations: http://https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-guidance-document-2016-en.pdf

Edited by Saturnus - 30 April 2016 at 1:47pm
Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:08pm
Oh Dear

I've been away from the forums for a bit and missed this.
I dont need a Soundboks because I have a boominator and soon to have three (just bought 2 C-AMPS), but I want to buy one anyway as my way of showing my appreciation and support to Saturnus for all the work he has done for free.... The kickstarter project is now closed, how do I get my hands on a soundboks?

Cheers

BJ
monop0d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monop0d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Brummiejon Brummiejon wrote:

Oh Dear

I've been away from the forums for a bit and missed this.
I dont need a Soundboks because I have a boominator and soon to have three (just bought 2 C-AMPS), but I want to buy one anyway as my way of showing my appreciation and support to Saturnus for all the work he has done for free.... The kickstarter project is now closed, how do I get my hands on a soundboks?

Cheers

BJ

You can sign up on the waiting list on https://soundboks.com/index.php#sign-up

Edited by monop0d - 10 May 2016 at 1:55am
Brummiejon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummiejon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:15am
Great thanks..... Been reading a couple of dodgy reviews dissing the sound quality :(
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:44am
Are you sure it's about the new one or the old one from last year?
The one from last year wasn't any good.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 7:48am
Im sure the electronics in this are very clever designed as Saturnus "know his shit" but the marketing and the chassis, well...
Any chance to buy only "the inner parts" ?
Ionkontrol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ionkontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

What sort of 'nightclubs' are they going to that are only 113dB?

Most of London these days......Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>