Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New source needed for boominator....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New source needed for boominator....
    Posted: 19 August 2016 at 12:56pm
Really not sure what to do.... My ipod clasic has finally died, really slow to respond and it will not recover or sync anymore. Therefore its time for something new....

I currently have all my music on a kaleidescape system in wav format, this then automatically syncs with itunes and creates a 320 mp3 of the music for my classic. It works really nicely and needs no input from me so i would like to keep it this way.

The classic also sounds really great, so what is available now? As i am adding cubos to the boominator i am also thinking about an all in one dj deck, but power consumption needs to be sensible.

Ideas welcome.....

Thanks,

Dupe...
Dupe...
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 4:09pm
Well looks like i am now on the look out for a new solution to all my music, kaleidscape have just anounced they are closing.....

Ipod touch was suggested be the apple shop, but a lot of cash and i can get a dj setup for not much more, any ideas?

Dupe...
Dupe...
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 10:04pm
I am thinking Ipad with Traktor, or some other of Traktor's products?
TC87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 1:23pm
For my 12v setup i use an ipad with djay2 and this controller http://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixtour.
It works wonderful and uses almost no power.

bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 10:48pm
Get your hands on an older iphone, and use an external sound card via usb (camera connection kit) - even the littlr behringer uca thing would be better than headphone out
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:12am
old iriver IHP with 20 gb drive and rockbox firmware installed.

plays mp3, flac, wav no problems, just drag and drop.
some got proper line-out outputs too.
plus there is a tempo function on the firmware, two of those and you can try mixing :-)
irivers on ebay are not getting cheaper, rather the opposite way.
rockbox will run on a old black and white ipod too, makes it accept drag and drop file copy no more itunes bulls*it
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 7:34am
iPad mini 128gb in a life proof case with Deejay2 works a treat!
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:05pm
Thanks guys, I have downloaded DeyJay and had a play seems pretty good. Anyone used it with additional storage attached to the ipad, I only have a 16G version and its pretty full with just apps?

Thanks,

Dupe...
Dupe...
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

old iriver IHP with 20 gb drive and rockbox firmware installed.

plays mp3, flac, wav no problems, just drag and drop.
some got proper line-out outputs too.
plus there is a tempo function on the firmware, two of those and you can try mixing :-)
irivers on ebay are not getting cheaper, rather the opposite way.
rockbox will run on a old black and white ipod too, makes it accept drag and drop file copy no more itunes bulls*it
I Have had a look at this, thanks for the info. But, I think the djay seems to fit the bill for me at the moment....

Thanks,

Dupe...
Dupe...
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by TC87 TC87 wrote:

For my 12v setup i use an ipad with djay2 and this controller http://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixtour.
It works wonderful and uses almost no power.

Good call, even runs on 12V and charges the ipad. I did look at the Pioneer version, but this looks a little better and more flexible.

Dupe...
Dupe...
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:27pm
Little heads up - for folk wanting to use ipad as music source, but who (like me) despise itunes - there's a 3rd party thang called CopyTransManager (windows( for chucking music on to i* devices.
Doesn't need anything on the ipad - and works pretty well.

Oh yeah - its free. Can't remember now, but it may be one of those things where you need to use "advanced setup" on the installer to avoid junk/crud/toolbars etc.

Edited by slaz - 25 August 2016 at 12:29pm
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 12:34pm
Any thoughts on the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3-K?

Dupe...
Dupe...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>