Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie help please
    Posted: 09 November 2007 at 11:51am

Hi,

i'm new to all this car audio (just wish they'd supply reasonable stuff to start with)

but I need some help in my choices.

I'm wanting to build my own sub for the boot of the car.

I'm looking at putting 2 x 12" sub's into the sides of a box, perspex upper to see inside, with port holes, and the amp in the same box.

Box dimensions are 24" wide, 18" deep, 15" high at the back (speakers are intended to be at the back on the sides) and 12" high at the front where ports/amp are intended, its mainly for display purposes (will be illuminated orange, but I want it to be functional.

I'm not after hammering bass, just something that will handle the droning HIP-HOP bass without distortion (like i get on some tracks where i have to turn volume right down).

It will be running from the standard vauxhall cd30 mp3 headunit so will need high input and filter.

Basically i'm wanting some advice as to what combination of amp + speakers would go well together, but before you get carried away, if you think a pair of £40 speakers and a £60 amp would do the job (as an example), DON't Suggest a pair for £110 speakers with a £400 amp.

I know you get what you pay for but all I want is something that doesn't distort when the stereo is only at 1/2 volume (which is pretty much what I play it at when the wifes not in the car).

Thanks for any info supplied

Post Reply Post Reply