Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pallet deliveries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pallet deliveries
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 11:13am
Prices seem to have shot up.

Not that long ago I had 2 pallets delivered for £100.

Just cost £90 something for 1/2 a one.

Edited by midas - 23 January 2017 at 11:14am
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 11:33am
Fuel has gone up, insurance has gone up...

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
B_Bender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 11:37am
blame brexit? Tongue

how much would it cost to deliver a pallet of pallets?!  Dead
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 11:46am
I dont think you can point the finger at any one particular clause. Fuel increases are partly to do with exchange rates, so the weak pound will have had an effect, but insurance goes up due to increased cost of vehicles, increases in compensation claims (real and faked) and just generally goes up.

Outside of that, the haulage industry has been cut-throat for a while,  with very little profit in it, wouldnt surprise me if some of the companies have just ended up re-adjusting and saying to hell with being competitive, I need profit.

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

I dont think you can point the finger at any one particular clause. Fuel increases are partly to do with exchange rates, 

Pretty sure the underlying oil price has been slowly but steadily increasing for a wee while now; not enough to get the oil industry back on its feet here in Aberdeen but enough that retailers will be passing it on to customers.
FWIW,
David.
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

I dont think you can point the finger at any one particular clause. Fuel increases are partly to do with exchange rates, 

Pretty sure the underlying oil price has been slowly but steadily increasing for a wee while now; not enough to get the oil industry back on its feet here in Aberdeen but enough that retailers will be passing it on to customers.
FWIW,
David.

Yep, Fuel/Oil is increasing, but that's not the only factor for delivery costs to go up. Insurance, Wages, and all the other stuff all plays a part.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 3:07pm
I don't know about pallets, but down here courier prices on small packages has become stupidly cheap. A few years ago, it was cheaper for me to, for example, personally drop off a couple of amps to a place about 100km away as a courier would cost far more than my time and fuel. Today I can get amps couriered to the other side of the country for about 10 Euros.

Edited by Earplug - 23 January 2017 at 3:08pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 4:10pm
its the minimum wage increase, fuel is still lower than before the fuel crash, my fleet insurance has never been lower
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 4:13pm
Its down to competition, certain companies increased their infrastructure to cater for mail/internet order, especially companies like DPD who were doing a lot of delivery work for Amazon.

Amazon have now started up their own logistics, leaving DPD with spare capacity and a hole to fill, which means more competition on price.

A similar thing happened with pallet shipping, but I think due to some haulage companies ending up bankrupt, the competition has reduced, and price have gone up.

Our small parcel rates went right down about 2-3 years ago, but are creeping up again now.
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 10:53pm
I use world options is around £70 a pallet
WILLZTHRILLZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLZTHRILLZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 9:51am
I've used palletline in the past, they're ok, the price is based on 24 pallets to a truck at 1 tonne/pallet, theres yer load, however, they are sending out small vans doing pickups to a centralized location and sending two artics per night each on the long runs , say london,birmingham,manchester,carlisle,glasgow/edinburgh.
they load pallets on top of your pallets and even hand ball loose stuff in(that's where the damage comes in) One truck will will do london /manchester do a trailer swap with the one doing glasgow manchester.
Its all logistics, maximum money , least expenditure.
Will.
ps, they can have maybe 50-60 pallets per run, not including loose stuff. 
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 3:21am
Any recommendations for someone looking to bring in a couple of pallets a month from France to London?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>