Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pd 615wg in Turbosound Floodlight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montarbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pd 615wg in Turbosound Floodlight
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:07am
Has anyone tried yet wheather the new Pd 615wg driver will work in a turbosound floodlight enclosure?
Will the phaseplug mount fit through the hole in the magnet when i cut a hole in the paper infront?
Any experiences welcome.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 10:37am
Perharps you should ask formidable audio as they had a new version 6,5" made for the flashlight in cooperation with Tony Andrews:
http://www.formidableaudio.com/flashlight-reborn/flashlight-refurb-in-detail/

I know a lot of people in here appears to think they're complete idiots making fake turbo-cabs, even though the designers are involved and everyone seems to agree they sound better, I REALLY like the sound of that bms 4540nd too!
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 9:21pm
It's from the Flash refurb so if they had the same driver designation for Flood I would say yes.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 7:48am
They are not the same. Flashlight uses LS-6501 6,5" and Floodlight uses LS-6503 6,5".
The phase plugs are different and they won't fit in the Floodlights.

I have heard that 615wg will indeed fit the Floodlights but nothing confirmed.

Edited by Hvedstrup - 05 October 2016 at 7:49am
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 5:31pm
I have wg & wg/2 here if you want to try
Unless your system is sold before:-)
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 6:00pm
http://www.formidableaudio.com/formidable-audio-provides-mk-iii-flashlight-for-newton-faulkner/

Bottom paragraph - they most definitely did put the 615wg and the BMS in their Floods.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 8:42pm
Do you think it's the pd shelf driver that's designed for it with T.A. support?

"All the 6.5-inch drivers have had an amazing makeover by Precision Devices with support from Turbosound co-founder Tony Andrews. Precision Devices, of course, was originally founded in 1987 to cover the loudspeaker manufacturing requirements of Turbosound."
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 10:42pm
The Floodlight phaseplug bolts through the pole piece as I have swapped them out, not done it on the Flashlight but IIRC the phase plug doesn't bolt through and the driver has a dustcap.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

They are not the same. Flashlight uses LS-6501 6,5" and Floodlight uses LS-6503 6,5".
The phase plugs are different and they won't fit in the Floodlights.

I have heard that 615wg will indeed fit the Floodlights but nothing confirmed.

can confirm they defo fit the floods, have done this and it was a great improvement, the original were warn and loose...
https://www.elements-audio.com
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 11:20pm
Nice to know ! Could the 615wg recone fit the ls6503?
Also could some pd 12" recones fit the 12" from the floods or is that asking for too much?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 10:59am
You should definately ask formidable what they're using, who will do this and update the thread? :-)
I doubt the driver designet with support from Tony is the shelf driver, but who knows?
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 1:45pm
Send me one and il put it in and give feedback as fast as possible LOL

Well Bee confirmed up there so thats that I guess. All the 12" on my floods still work but they all rub when you push them a bit,so yeah they work but are they working as they should and as new,i doubt it. Think some of mine are 97 made so thats almost 20 years, gonna need some upgrades in the next few:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>