Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pd2150/2151 in BR bins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pd2150/2151 in BR bins
    Posted: 11 February 2017 at 7:31pm
This is in someone else's topic so I thought,I'd move it here ,

Prototype am making in MDF , will be testing tomorrow.
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 8:25pm
BOOM!
It's everything, not everythink!
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 9:29pm
Any simulations? Equations?
Shouldnt they be very nothing and nothing with peak very low? Due to huge motor strength.
Classic br?
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 7:06am
and I thought my workshop was messy. Nice bin.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:03am
i think that workshop looks neat...
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

and I thought my workshop was messy. Nice bin.
OMG you call that a mess , i just did the floor and walls , have to let the walls cure before 
hanging stuff up , and in three weeks we have a sound meeting , need to have 4 of these done 
don't think they'l get painted , thu. 
@Genome simulations and equations none done , I want a box to fit under my kicks , that'l will 
do real subs , so trial and error learning . 
they say 
Trial and error is a fundamental method of problem solving. It is characterised by repeated, varied attempts which are continued until success, or until the agent stops trying
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileLOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:31am
First off really it looks like it will do the damage. wish I could have some. I totaly get the workshop thing Half way into a job my space looks just the same. I am happy that I am not alone. sound matters more than paint.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:35am
Yea... I dont even eat breakfast without simulation. Helps eliminate some of the errors.
Have fun.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Yea... I dont even eat breakfast without simulation. Helps eliminate some of the errors.
Have fun.

I only worked out the box size with software , the port lengths, looked almost like a scoop, if I tuned the the box down to 27hz , so I've cut the wood to size and will add on piece by piece till I get what I want , I just need 28-30 to 80hz
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 11:17am
Nice idea
Seems reasonable up to 80Hz. Solves problems with second br resonance.

How do you add more pices? Do you demount some wall?

Edited by gen0me - 12 February 2017 at 11:22am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Nice idea
Seems reasonable up to 80Hz. Solves problems with second br resonance.

How do you add more pices? Do you demount some wall?

I'd just take the unit out and make the port abit deeper or fold it abit .
Anyway all went good , not too much pro-tools being used a little nice clean studio amp on 20watts could get 25hz at 65db , 33hz at 90db
We just using IPhone apps , so i'l say am happy with results, will do some wadding then post some more pics when I have time ,
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 7:33pm

A peep of what's going ,I made the box abit wider so my kicks can fit on top .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>