Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

peavey problem! :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: peavey problem! :(
    Posted: 12 July 2007 at 6:40pm
my 'oh so reliable' peavey 1.3k has kinda died...

its really pissed me off, everything with amps goes wrong for me...

basically when i turn it on, it is about to boot up but then suddenly dies and i have to go and throw back on the 32 amp switch on the main electrical fuse board as it turns itself off..

seems like a short of some kind and have changed the plug fuse etc..

dont know what it is or what to do??

any help :(?

P.s wasnt using it or anything just turned it on one day and was like this..
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:01pm
With anything to do with the huge potential voltages that go on inside amps, its always best to leave any removal of the lid to qualified people.

j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:05pm
im going to but its going to cost me out the back of my teeth i reckon, any point in ringing peavey for some adv?
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:55pm
I think all they'll say is take it to an approved dealer tbh.
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:52pm
That normally happends to Peavey amps when channels have blown.. What series isit? 

Riddim Kid
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:09pm
Rockin is absolutely right joe,dont go fiddling with it unless you know what u are doing.
You could have a short to earth somewhere inside,which is tripping out your mains board.(output stage or even the power supply transformer is knackered,this can occur on these,expensive,too.) Take it to an expert.
Be seeing you.
j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:02am
i spoke 2 the guy that does some amp repairs for me, it was on a weak fuse in the house ( the 32) which is at the end of the house i.e. kithen and my room on the same circuit, however i didnt realise, put it in the living room socket and works fine!!

thanks all...
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:32am
Result...nice one 
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2007 at 5:59pm
glad u got that sorted! im having probs with an amp randomly popping ... keep thinking someones tapping on the wall in front of me!
 Post Reply Post Reply