Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peshkov Sub - Scoop / Tapped / ARLS???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 3:37pm
@Ibex.. as you say most TH designs don't use a chamber, though as mentioned by Johan they will generally then need to have a longer horn to achieve the low end response.  Cabs sizes for either approach will probably end up similar as the extra horn or the chamber will take up a similar amount of space.

@Johan.. you mention that an 18" tends to play flatter in a given design than a 15".. what in particular about the specs do you think is causing this result? Is it ratio of SD to driver BL or FS, or something along those lines?
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 6:36pm
Quote Cabs sizes for either approach will probably end up similar as the extra horn or the chamber will take up a similar amount of space
Exactly, adding to that;

From a constructional perspective, including a small chamber is easier to design/build (in designs where the magnet facing the outside would cause problems, i.e. think the HOG and Microscoop's inability to have grills in such way). In the initial/ original tapped horn design a chamber is small by means of the way it's constructed. Tom Danley advised against having a significant chamber in such designs.

@HeaveyJeth: Up till now I've been looking at it as a matter of larger Sd, increasing SPL between the 2 "tapped resonance peaks", but I probably should probe it further then that.

Regards Johan
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 6:17pm
Okay guys, so it's on me, what kind of enclosure i would prefer... maybe i will build both (tapped & microscoop) and then make a decision.
Before i will resimulate the scoop designs as a tapped one...

stay tuned an keep me up-to-date with your results relating to dependence of SPL between the 2 tapped resonance peaks on driver parameter.

maybe thats interesting too:
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/th-mini--tapped-horn--by-danley-sound-labs_topic19409_post277611.html#277611

greez
bomber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 4:06pm
Hi all!
I have 16 of Peshkov subs
use them 3 years already.
If someone has to questions please write me.

This is very fast hi spl subs.Best for very fast bass lines,like drum n bass bass lines.
This subs was used in different clubs in "Blazin" party of dj Profit in Moscow,concert sweden rap-dancehall artist - MillionStylez in the club Yellow Moscow... and many others

so i can just tell pluses and minuses of this subs in use:

PLUSES:
1.very fast responding bass reproduction,ultimate for very fast music like drum n bass music
2.when use stacks of its - u got extended lower bass,but still fast 
3.hi spl for ultimate mini size
4.very useful,easy move and transport,u can drag and move it by 1 person,and very easy with 2 person,easy placeable in small spaces like small rooms,or if you need to move it in limited passes
like ship`s traps and other situations,when you`ll have big problems and many people to load or unload water transport e t c...
5.hi power and durablilty thanks to 12LW1400 power driver
6. very LOW total system latency - bass vs mid vs sat - so singer hear no chorus effect with monitors portals and singer`s voice
7. easy divided to few small sound installations or combined into one big installaition.
8.can be used like low-mid bass section,and extend any sound system if needed
... and sometimes i hear bassists replics - wow it sounding as fast as my bass combo!!! and i hear all notes i playing!!

Also i have 4 of WSX re-designed by Peshkov for PD1850.
sometimes i used 1 peshkov sat+2 WSX pers side and powering  up mid bass section with Peshkov`s small subs,converted to lo-mid sections in this case Smile and i have i clear ultra fast bass lines and still very low latency - so i not use special latency for make WSX faster - i just use latency sat-mid-midlow and WSX play like they can))) but extend hearing lows

In some cases i use only Peshkov sat`s with WSX too - he wrote about before

If any questions - please ask me
And big thx fo Maksim Peshkov and Eugeniy Goryachev again again and again

Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by bomber bomber wrote:

Hi all!
I have 16 of Peshkov subs
use them 3 years already.
If someone has to questions please write me.

This is very fast hi spl subs.Best for very fast bass lines,like drum n bass bass lines.
This subs was used in different clubs in "Blazin" party of dj Profit in Moscow,concert sweden rap-dancehall artist - MillionStylez in the club Yellow Moscow... and many others

so i can just tell pluses and minuses of this subs in use:

PLUSES:
1.very fast responding bass reproduction,ultimate for very fast music like drum n bass music
2.when use stacks of its - u got extended lower bass,but still fast 
3.hi spl for ultimate mini size
4.very useful,easy move and transport,u can drag and move it by 1 person,and very easy with 2 person,easy placeable in small spaces like small rooms,or if you need to move it in limited passes
like ship`s traps and other situations,when you`ll have big problems and many people to load or unload water transport e t c...
5.hi power and durablilty thanks to 12LW1400 power driver
6. very LOW total system latency - bass vs mid vs sat - so singer hear no chorus effect with monitors portals and singer`s voice
7. easy divided to few small sound installations or combined into one big installaition.
8.can be used like low-mid bass section,and extend any sound system if needed
... and sometimes i hear bassists replics - wow it sounding as fast as my bass combo!!! and i hear all notes i playing!!

Also i have 4 of WSX re-designed by Peshkov for PD1850.
sometimes i used 1 peshkov sat+2 WSX pers side and powering  up mid bass section with Peshkov`s small subs,converted to lo-mid sections in this case Smile and i have i clear ultra fast bass lines and still very low latency - so i not use special latency for make WSX faster - i just use latency sat-mid-midlow and WSX play like they can))) but extend hearing lows

In some cases i use only Peshkov sat`s with WSX too - he wrote about before

If any questions - please ask me
And big thx fo Maksim Peshkov and Eugeniy Goryachev again again and again

Hi Bomber!
Very cool what you haver writen!

Do you use the WSX Subs stand alone as well? Isn't it better to use 3 small Peshkov subs instead of one WSX, does the WSX (stand alone) have an lower cut-off frequency than 3 of the small subs???
Where are the crossover points, when you use 1 Peshkov top combined with 1 WSX, or what's the lower cut-off frequency of a Peshkov sat?
(questions based on following post of mine: http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27673&PID=276714&title=peshkov-sub--scoop--tapped--arls#276714 )
I think it would be better to make a stack of 4 WSX instead of 2x2, because the WSX is constructed to use it in arrays of 4 and more... Wink

Would you be so kind to tell me the outer dimensions of a small peshkov sub?
How does one of the small Peshkov subs work when you use it stand alone?
(based on this post: http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27673&PID=275337&title=peshkov-sub--scoop--tapped--arls#275337 )

Do you have any pix of your system to post?

greez

Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 8:19am
Hey folks!

I don't know if somebody is interested, but here is the HOG Scoop downscaled correctly simulated as a tapped horn:

First the comparison between the RLH and the tapped horn simulation:
HOG Scoop downscaled tapped vs. RLH - 18Sound 12LW1400 - SPL
black = Tapped Horn
grey = RLH

Now the complete hornresponse simulation for 1/3 cabs:
HOG Scoop downscaled tapped - 18Sound 12LW1400 - Hornresponse Input Data
HOG Scoop downscaled tapped - 18Sound 12LW1400 - SPL
black = 1x
grey = 3x
Quantum Sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quantum Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 6:20pm
ibex you appear to have the wrong s/t peramiters for the 12lw400, i have BL=24.5, Re = 5.5, mms 95, Le = 1.72, cms = 1.14e-4 and rms = 4.16, are you using an older version of the driver?

http://lautsprecher-technik.de/pdf/18sound/12LW1400.pdf
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

I thought that the WSX only works in an array of min. 4 pcs.?
If i can trust my simulation skills, then one WSX has an -3dB of 73Hz...?

With the "right" drivers, WSX will easily go downto usable 45hz in paris.

Think you'll find 186Horn in pairs with right drivers, is also very interesting. Wink

Edited by levyte357 - 03 July 2009 at 6:43pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Quantum Sounds Quantum Sounds wrote:

ibex you appear to have the wrong s/t peramiters for the 12lw400, i have BL=24.5, Re = 5.5, mms 95, Le = 1.72, cms = 1.14e-4 and rms = 4.16, are you using an older version of the driver?

http://lautsprecher-technik.de/pdf/18sound/12LW1400.pdf

Hi!
I think you have an old one, mine is from 02/03/2009 loaded from www.eighteencound.com...
greez
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I thought that the WSX only works in an array of min. 4 pcs.?
If i can trust my simulation skills, then one WSX has an -3dB of 73Hz...?

With the "right" drivers, WSX will easily go downto usable 45hz in paris.

Think you'll find 186Horn in pairs with right drivers, is also very interesting. Wink

Which driver would work so brilliant in the WSX cabs? I have used the supposed original (according to TDA) driver RCF L18P300... (as I wrote before, some don't take notice that the WSX is a hyperbolic horn and has no exponential flare, expo would go down very low easily)
greez
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 9:17pm

Which driver would work so brilliant in the WSX cabs? I have used the supposed original (according to TDA) driver RCF L18P300... (as I wrote before, some don't take notice that the WSX is a hyperbolic horn and has no exponential flare, expo would go down very low easily)
greez

V18-1000

You really do need to search the forum and read up on WSX.

A number of members have built the WSX, and used either V18-1000 or Celestion.

Edited by levyte357 - 04 July 2009 at 9:19pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 2:32pm
@ibex: this is interesting, I would like to  build some 12" cabs. considering scoop, hog or tapped?

And now we're at it: Where do i find the graph of the correctly simulated 18" hog scoop? I've been searching around here for it, next week I think I might stack hog+1850 horn + altec 816 + ev sh-1810h

Edited by tv00 - 23 October 2011 at 10:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>