Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pm 80

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quantum Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pm 80
    Posted: 18 March 2010 at 1:47pm
i have had a pm 80 for a while that originaly didn't work but i have managed to fix (well mostly need soem pot cleaner and poss a couple of new pots and faders) tbh i haven't had to do much, just clean a bit and resolder a wire here remove a randome bit of metal that was shortign the power supplie there

any way i have now also got a crossfader for it but it is confusing me alot, it has a scerial port on the back as well as a 1/4 inch jack in a 1/4 inch jack out and a 3pin plug like a small xlr

this is not like the one in the pic

as it has little number selectors either side of the crosfader

my quenstion is...

how do i plug it in?

the 3 pin plug goes in the power suply on the aux power socet but where do the jacks go??

and what is the serial port for ???

it was mentioned on anouther thread that the crosover is conected with jacks to that

Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

The crossfader connects via 3.5mm jacks, if your mixer doesn't have the sockets on it, I would expect it's not compatible with it.

but the cross fader has no jacks,

will this have somthing to do with the remote out?

any help will be much appreciated
thanks

ps i willtry to put up pics later but i don't have a camera atm
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 3:18pm
pm JBL-man on here, he knows these units.  In fact AFAIK thats his in the picture.  Lovely isn't it?
music is the message
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 7:21pm
Just ring Formula Sound, they're still going

Just a thought, have you got the right versions of crossfader and chassis? The PM80 was re-issued recently and is internally different to the original ancient unit.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 19 March 2010 at 7:23pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

rich21 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 7:25pm
the serial port should have a break out to ? number of 3.5mm jacks
they plug in to each input module BUT
each in put mod will need to be fitted with a VCA  and a 3.5mm socket

Rich
PS i had one once !!!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:36pm
Bringing this thread back from zombie land, does anyone have a schematic or circuit diagram for the main mixer section?  I plug mine in and it is very very quiet, put it on pfl and it hard clips, but I got it off ebay for £30, so could well be only half of it in there.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:01pm
Gavin,make sure the main contact strip bus that connects all the modules together is clean,also clean the pfl function switches on all the modules.
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:08pm
'kay.Thumbs Up
music is the message
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:41pm

jbl man,the line modules on mine seem very quiet in comparison to the phonos;also i noticed something,the logo on the psu monitor module-like mine-lacks the fs logo though i gave ian at fs the serial number he reckons mine was made about 93?

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:59pm
I believe mine (the one in the photo above) was made around 1984,DJ Simon Harris bought it new from Formula sound,and used it on his early mixes,even Pete Tong and Froggy used this actual mixer too...Simon originally had it in his first studio.
Be seeing you.
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 6:02pm
any recommendations on cleaning the rs connectors on the ribbon please?
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

I believe mine (the one in the photo above) was made around 1984,DJ Simon Harris bought it new from Formula sound,and used it on his early mixes,even Pete Tong and Froggy used this actual mixer too...Simon originally had it in his first studio.

JBL, I have always wanted to ask this question. Is Simon Harris on this forum the same Simon Harris who produced a track called: "Bass, How Low Do You Go?"?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:00pm
The very same!

Simon also had a number 1 hit with The Real Thing- You to me are everything.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>