Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting pics..options?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting pics..options?
    Posted: 30 May 2016 at 11:37am
Just a quick one, are there any plans to use simple upload pic options on the forum rather than having to use photobucket etc ? Alot of forums i use have this feature and makes it quick and easy and more inclined to post pics :) let me know your thoughts please
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:45pm
There is already an option to attach pics to posts, the problem with it is it seems to resize and compress images down really small, presumably to save on filespace, so if you want to show any decent detail it's not great. You can tell the system to expand the image back up to a cretain size (999px wide max), but that doen's take away from the loss of quality from the compression - as shown below.
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 12:49am
I'm presuming it's server space thats the problem? To use hotlinks saves a lot of space, time and management!

.p.

Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:11am
Not so much server space but it was set to 500 pixels as the maximum width so that posts with images did not cause formatting issues with mobile devices.

The new version last week solves this issue with formatting on mobile devices for images.

Therefore I have increased the image size to 1,000 pixels

Edited by Administrator - 31 May 2016 at 9:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply