11 [78.57%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [14.29%]
1 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preamps
    Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:42pm
answers please
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:50pm
Mykey Wattco
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:01pm
old piece of kit. i didnt read the description.. what does it do? im guessing the clues in the name
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:12pm
''tubbys 3 way preamp 3 pots need changing''

I think the title was to get peeps attention
Mykey Wattco
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:15pm
oh, cool
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 7:50am
Wouldn't want to run my sound without a pre amp, all boxes are built around it.

Most of the time that people complain about pre amps is more to do with the person operating them badly than the unit itself. 

P.S. Come along to Scala on Fri to hear sounds that are also tuned to their pre's. 

Edited by King Simeon - 21 July 2014 at 7:51am
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 1:01pm
i cant im too young (im 15). im starting to build my own 4 way preamp, i need to get rid of my eqs and other stuff.
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:29pm
I'm sure you know, but most pre's on this forum, like the one in the pic, are specifically for Reggae sounds. They do include EQ and are generally made to house everything you need to operate a sound in one unit. 

I'm sure there is a diagram showing what most of the controls are for, that would give you a clearer indication of what's out there and what they are used for. EQ is always a handy tool to control the music, some tunes have a little more freq in some areas than others and when playing un-mastered tunes (dub plates) it can be needed to bring the tune under control, rather than change the whole balance of the sound. 

Good luck with the build, let us know how it goes. In the mean time, check a few clips on the net of them in use and look out for carnivals during the day to go see them ur self. 

https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

Not mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121387050695%20?clk_rvr_id=667641998114
wow from £36 to £301 in a day. Forums are wonderful
Mykey Wattco
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:34am
Lets hope their speakers need the same crossover points and slopes as that pre.  Oohps.
music is the message
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:39am
Funny you should say that Gavin. I have always doubted whether the X/O settings in reggae preamps are actually tuned around the requirements of the speakers used. My guess is that some do and some don't. Maybe some of the users will comment? 
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 11:06am
king simeon i know that a preamp has a eq in it and because my one im building is in one unit, it means i dont have to carry a big rack around. plus it didnt sound the best so ive built the preamp around what we've got
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>