DEPTFORD BRIDGE RD SE8 4HH
SOUNDS BY

SIR MARCUS/RAPTURE STREET SOUND
&
  CHIN HI POWER

4PM/10PM ENTRY £2 donation  
GOOD BEHAVIOUR
NO SMOKING
mailto:avpromotions1@gmail.com - avpromotions1@gmail.com   facebook.com/avpromotion
DONT FORGET XMAS SOUND CHECK
ON SUN 19TH DEC Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Vibration Vibration wrote:

SIR MARCUS/RAPTURE STREET SOUND
&
  CHIN HI POWER
Ain't this the sound check where the Ligwa ECO Full scoops can be heard ? 

DONT FORGET XMAS SOUND CHECK
ON SUN 19TH DEC Big smile

Who's in this X-mas line up yet ?

Must be a special blast to round off the year...

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Posted By: Vibration
Date Posted: 26 November 2010 at 12:52am

Yes Tek,the new Ligwa Eco Full scoop will be on display at this sound check im not sure about it being heard? as i dont think any of the sounds on the night will be useing them who knows?

Who's in this X-mas line up yet ?

Must be a special blast to round off the year...

Yes sir,its gonna be a good night to round of the year 2010 where we will have 3 heavy weights feat? go to facebook.com/avpromotions to find out more then tell me what you think,if the roof cant be lifted off with 4 scoops that night then it never will.Big smile

Date Posted: 27 November 2010 at 5:11pm

the new Ligwa Eco Full scoop will be on display at this sound check im not sure about it being heard? as i dont think any of the sounds on the night will be useing them who knows? 

Ok, still looking to hear them one day!

Yes sir,its gonna be a good night to round of the year 2010 where we will have 3 heavy weights feat? go to facebook.com/avpromotions to find out more then tell me what you think,if the roof cant be lifted off with 4 scoops that night then it never will.Big smile 

Clap I see what you mean... Clap

Couldn't ask for better Thumbs Up

Should bring out many SP massives on this one!
Clap

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 27 November 2010 at 5:13pm

SIR MARCUS

Are they anything to do with the original Jah Marcus ?

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 27 November 2010 at 7:38pm
Looking to reach down on Sunday for this, any other SP members going??

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 27 November 2010 at 9:43pm
This event is where all soundsystem fans should attend!! It's all about the sound system equipment & the way the sound man uses it!! The building is a solid concrete rendered building, so it sucks the living daylights out of a soundsystem!! (no matter how good it is) But those who know how to produce a great sound from their equipment will master the venue!! Remember this event is full of all types of sound men, that's why the vibes is wicked!!! I'm always in attendance, again big up AV Promotion for keeping the soundsystem business kicking!!!

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Posted By: tweeter box
Date Posted: 27 November 2010 at 11:40pm
i start work at 8pm so might get there early n check it for a bit

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:59pm
I have just come back from the sound check. First and foremost big respect to all the three sound who played on the night.

As I entered Rapture sound were playing: they had 4 bass bins and they had 4 double midrange boxes with horns in them and another 3 midrange boxes with another 2 sets of horns. I couldnt see the make of them. In total they had 13 x 15inchs for midrange. The set sounded too loud and lacked clarity. They were using a laptop with serato which seemed to be sending a distorted signal to their mixer and then it went downhill from there. They were using the old peavey 2000 amps from what I could see. All in all the set sounded medioka and lacked quality and for the amount of midrange they had in the building sould have sounded alot better.

Now if you think that sounds like alot of equipment wait until you hear what Chin Hi Power were using..

First and foremost they had 3 x at least 24 until amp cases fulled to the brim with 2 of them filled with Peavey amps and C audio amps. Looked extremely impressive and their boxes also looked imporessive, Looked like they were getting ready to play in Wembly arena! They were using 4 scoop bins with another 4 midrange boxes. Each midrange box consisted of a 15 inch, 12inch, a folded horn and 4 bullet tweeters. On top of that they had another 32 tweeters (4 boxes of 8 tweeters). So in total they had 48 tweeters, 4 horns, 8 midranges and 4 bins. There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good. Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Marcus hi power had the least equipment but in my opinion was exactly right for the size of the hall. The set up was basic but worked. They had 4 scoop bins, 2 x 15 inch wide flare mid range boxes and another 2 x 12inch flared mids with 8 tweeters. By far they sounded the cleanest o all the 3 sounds and had by far much less equipment. Their bass was solid and midrange was good but needed better tweeters (looked like they were using piezos)

In my opinion they sounded the best by far and although sound check is not about music, they also played the best music and were consistent in each round.

However to put this into context, although Marcus Hi Power by far sounded the best, all 3 sounds who played the previous month at soundcheck would all have sounded better (Qualitex, Vibes Squad and Entity). I think the promoters are clearly trying to put sounds who are of a similar quality in each round of soundcheck.

Big respec to AV promotions, cant wait for the xmas edition which I hear the line up is good!

Posted By: QSS
Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 1:15am
+1 soundcritic. agreed on most of what is said above.

Rapture's  double 15's were wharfdale and the single 15's and tweeters were intimidations. owch!!! They need to turn the volume down on there laptop for a start, and then!.................EEmmmm.

Chin high power...............................Tooooooooo much of everything equipment wise caused confusion in the end product. (40 x Piezos!!!......WHY???????)

King Marcus...Clap. Nice to see old school sound still doing the business. just need to get rid of those piezos and get a couple of nice comps and some bullets and thats it.

Overhall a nice night again, nice to meet up with a few sp members. Worth the drive
Big up to AV Promotions

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: balistic_sounds
Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 3:00am

i also agree on the above

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

I have just come back from the sound check. First and foremost big respect to all the three sound who played on the night.

As I entered Rapture sound were playing: they had 4 bass bins and they had 4 double midrange boxes with horns in them and another 3 midrange boxes with another 2 sets of horns. I couldnt see the make of them. In total they had 13 x 15inchs for midrange. The set sounded too loud and lacked clarity. They were using a laptop with serato which seemed to be sending a distorted signal to their mixer and then it went downhill from there. They were using the old peavey 2000 amps from what I could see. All in all the set sounded medioka and lacked quality and for the amount of midrange they had in the building sould have sounded alot better.

Now if you think that sounds like alot of equipment wait until you hear what Chin Hi Power were using..

First and foremost they had 3 x at least 24 until amp cases fulled to the brim with 2 of them filled with Peavey amps and C audio amps. Looked extremely impressive and their boxes also looked imporessive, Looked like they were getting ready to play in Wembly arena! They were using 4 scoop bins with another 4 midrange boxes. Each midrange box consisted of a 15 inch, 12inch, a folded horn and 4 bullet tweeters. On top of that they had another 32 tweeters (4 boxes of 8 tweeters). So in total they had 48 tweeters, 4 horns, 8 midranges and 4 bins. There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good. Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Marcus hi power had the least equipment but in my opinion was exactly right for the size of the hall. The set up was basic but worked. They had 4 scoop bins, 2 x 15 inch wide flare mid range boxes and another 2 x 12inch flared mids with 8 tweeters. By far they sounded the cleanest o all the 3 sounds and had by far much less equipment. Their bass was solid and midrange was good but needed better tweeters (looked like they were using piezos)

In my opinion they sounded the best by far and although sound check is not about music, they also played the best music and were consistent in each round.

However to put this into context, although Marcus Hi Power by far sounded the best, all 3 sounds who played the previous month at soundcheck would all have sounded better (Qualitex, Vibes Squad and Entity). I think the promoters are clearly trying to put sounds who are of a similar quality in each round of soundcheck.

Big respec to AV promotions, cant wait for the xmas edition which I hear the line up is good!

couldnt have said it better myself, Marcus sound was very nice, controlled and powerfull bassline, needed some more on the top end though, best music selection by far! (anybody know the leroy smart 7" they played?) not sure if they were using a preamp or something similar??

Chinhipower had enuff equipment to do 2 x trucks at nottinghill lol

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 8:53am
I agree eveything said by soundCritic, but with 1 expection, Rapture Street sound had their x4 15" double warfdale reflex boxes palying BASS!!! ontop of thier scoops!! This made me laugh, but all good fun, I did mention to Chin Hi Powa, if they where launching a rocket!! very impressive set, but way to big for the venue & it did not in my opinion deliver!!, Sir Marcus was the all rounder on the night, could have done with more tops, but all said & done a very good night.
Big up AV Promotion!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 12:58pm
http://img149.imageshack.us/i/dsc00655h0.jpg/ - [IMG=http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6519/dsc00655h0.th.jpg - [/IMG -       Chin Hi Powa

http://img219.imageshack.us/i/dsc00631v.jpg/ - [IMG=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9114/dsc00631v.th.jpg - [/IMG -          Sir Marcus

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/dsc006680.jpg/ - [IMG=http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/395/dsc006680.th.jpg - [/IMG -            Rapture Street

-------------

Posted By: LIGWA
Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 2:52pm
Let me  first say thanks to AV promotions for letting me demo the ECO SCOOPS and AMPLIFIERS
Thanks to all who showed interest. it was a great night

Who knows next year? Rice & peas scoop check ECO SCOOP MEETS ASS SCOOP 

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 4:53pm
Yeah especially at the end Sir marcus sound was pushing the scoops more, playing about with the kill switches and you heard the venue shaking nice. can't believe there was only 3 small piezo top boxes to cover what looked and seemed like 1850's loaded in humm audio scoops. Nevertheless, it was a good night, and I look forward to the next one. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 10:01pm
  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5579393&id=269170852479">

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: ras i
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 3:58am
Some old Jamaican phrases  to sum up sunday:

Chin High Power - "Big an wutless" (Gentle giant)

Sir Marcus - "Little but talawa" (Not the size of the gun, but the effect from the bullet)

Rapture Street - "Lard wooooooi" (F**k**g hell)

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:25am
Okay sorry, nothing constructive about that, so let me start again

Chin High Power needs to get rid of some of their equipment. There is too much processing going on and the sound gets lost along the way.
Also get rid of the 4 x tweeter boxes with the peizos, the bullets and horns in the mid/top boxes should be enough.
Not sure what processor/xover or preamp they were using, but whatever it was needs to be tuned up

Sir Marcus just need to get sum compression drivers and horns. They sounded "mellow"

Rapture Street need to just scrap the sound, sell all the boxes to a karaoke shop (except for the scoops) and rebuild the sound from scratch.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:28am

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:32am
Rapture Street need to just scrap the sound, sell all the boxes to a karaoke shop (except for the scoops) and rebuild the sound from scratch.
[/QUOTE]
Were they even scoops? They weren't very deep (size wise) And didn't play sub to well but I could easily be wrong as alot of the bins to my ears were high passed around 110-120hz and so were playing alot of 'kick'. I have a sneaky feeling they were double 18 reflex boxes but please don't all bite my head off at once! like i said I could easily be wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:33am
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5579551&id=269170852479">

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:34am
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5579521&id=269170852479">

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:36am
Ligwa Eco Scoop

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5579518&id=269170852479">

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:36am
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5579518&id=269170852479">

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:38am
You got some good pics tweet Thumbs Up Whenever my camera came out bodies rushed infront of the stacks! I've seen some nice pictures of some of your set on SP, When are you getting it out next? Would love to hear the turbomax loaded shorties Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:36am

cheers man, only just got the set completed

pics were taken by the promoter

turbos!! who said anything about turbos? Wink

dont member seeing u for the short while i was there?
hopefully ill be in rice n peas soundcheck in the next few months (hint hint promoter) Smile

hows ur sound coming on? decided what ur getting yet?

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: Saul
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:47am
just wondering, what's the idea behind an eco scoop? what makes it eco?

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Ligwa said the ECO means value for money!! (very affordable), he's looking to take over the scoop market, check him on his prices, you'll be surprised!! I was.................

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:03am
I was on the other side of the room when I spotted you, we got there around 7 so not sure how much longer you were there for. I had a little chat with one of the guys there about getting in....apparantly there's a fairly big waiting list! My sound's alright, between me and the other guy in our sound we have 8 loaded scoops so size-wise it's ok but i'm saving for some new boxes and drivers. Had a sound for years but now i'm going to change the subs and scoops once and for all Smile. Hopefully securing a venue round my way soon to hold some fings in so if you wana get your set out i'll give you a shout once it gets sorted.  

-------------

Posted By: Saul
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Ligwa said the ECO means value for money!! (very affordable), he's looking to take over the scoop market, check him on his prices, you'll be surprised!! I was.................

ah ok, so economical, not ecological.

Posted By: Vibration
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 2:06pm
Thanks To Everyone who came out to show there support pic now uploaded

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=260728&l=e4c632b082&id=269170852479

Posted By: RENSAAB
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 3:02pm
Shocked Lood Gad!! Some hardware there bwoy...

ClapKeep up the good work AV Promotions Clap

-------------
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

You got some good pics tweet 

Thumbs Up - but edit & straighten up the last 2 t/box!

Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

Clap Keep up the good work AV Promotions Clap 

Yeah man! Wicked!

the action, variations & differences get's better month by month // hope everybody ah pay fi keep dis ting running! Wink
Still waiting for an up & coming system to come in here & blitz the place & shock everyone! LOL

Wha'pen to the up North systems? why they don't enter ? Killawatts Sounds! Paulus! Adrian's Wall, any system with Hog scoops, Ultimate, send down some of ya scoops etc...

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:06pm

This event is where all soundsystem fans should attend!!

It's all about the sound system equipment & the way the sound man uses it!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Most Definately Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 

There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good.

When I reached, one of the other systems was playing & must have played over their time, then I heard the noise effects from a system which looked very impressive like straight outta Yard!

I couldn't believe the clarity, & tought to myself, wicked! this is going to be an interesting night & they must sound the best tonight out all in here!

Then they signed on, the music didn't come over like the effects, so I reckon removal of some of the gear, some proper tuning & more powerful amps would do the trick!  I don't even mind if the piezo's stay! So long as they're crossed over very high. 

Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Something must have been definately wrong as I've never heard 4 x Shortman full scoops sound so bad! Even with Fane XB's in!

Might have to link up Levy with them. Wink

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: SURFA
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:53pm
LORD HAVE MERCY............!  YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME WITH JOKE, ABOUT RAPTURE STREET SOUND.MIND YOU LOT DONT MEK DE BOSS FI DE SOUND KILL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!LOLCry
NOW, IS SIR MARCUS & JAH MARCUS THE SAME SOUND?????????
AND WHAT WAR WAS CHIN HI-POWER IN, WITH ALL THAT HARDWARE????Ouch 
AT THE END OF THE DAY, DE TRUTH IS DE TRUTH
BUT ONCE AGAIN RESPECT TO AV PROMOTERSThumbs Up

Posted By: fat_brstd
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Wha'pen to the up North systems? Why they don't enter ? Killawatts Sounds! Paulus! Adrian's Wall, any system with Hog scoops, Ultimate, send down some of ya scoops etc...

I am more than happy to bring my system down. Maybe you should convince the promoter to let me run my set. I spoke to him briefly at the last session but didnt get onto the subject of playing. Wish I could have made this session but spent sunday picking up the rig and sorting things out after Channel One on the Saturday night.

-------------
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

http://www.facebook.com/adrians.wall" rel="nofollow - facebook page

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:11pm
[QUOTE=SURFA]LORD HAVE MERCY............!  YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME WITH JOKE, ABOUT RAPTURE STREET SOUND.MIND YOU LOT DONT MEK DE BOSS FI DE SOUND KILL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!LOLCry

I'm laughing my head Tongue Big smile off!!

I'm gonna have a word with the promoters about getting some of the Midlands sounds & Northern Sounds in with the action, the vibes is 100% @ the Rice & Peas!! Every1 attending has got good things to say about the proceedings!! 

AV job well done...............

-------------

Posted By: GENERAL LEE
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:15pm
HAILE UP SURFA THIS IS GENERAL LEE FROM SIR MARCUS THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS NO JAH MARCUS IS FROM EAST AND SIR MARCUS IS FROM WEST LONDON. BLESS

-------------
HUMBLE RASTA MUSIC ADDICT AND SOUND SYSTEM NUTT CASE.ALL IN ALL A VERY NICE GUY.

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:27pm
less is definately more!

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:25pm

BLESS UP GENERAL LEE, GI THANKS 4 UR INFO.. WHERE IN WEST KING?????

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 2:35am

was surprised to! £375 loaded with a Fane1000 ShockedShocked

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by GENERAL LEE GENERAL LEE wrote:

HAILE UP SURFA THIS IS GENERAL LEE FROM SIR MARCUS THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS NO JAH MARCUS IS FROM EAST AND SIR MARCUS IS FROM WEST LONDON. BLESS

wat was the big leroy smart 7" u guys played?

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 2:45am

I was on the other side of the room when I spotted you, we got there around 7 so not sure how much longer you were there for. I had a little chat with one of the guys there about getting in....apparantly there's a fairly big waiting list! My sound's alright, between me and the other guy in our sound we have 8 loaded scoops so size-wise it's ok but i'm saving for some new boxes and drivers. Had a sound for years but now i'm going to change the subs and scoops once and for all Smile. Hopefully securing a venue round my way soon to hold some fings in so if you wana get your set out i'll give you a shout once it gets sorted.  

kool kool, i was there from bout 7 till 9, had to get to work, yh sort the venue n we can get a few diff sounds in there, speak soon

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 2:51am

Still waiting for an up & coming system to come in here & blitz the place & shock everyone! LOL

same here

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 2:55am
Humm audio boxes sounded really really nice

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 6:21am
HAILE KING FROM SHEPHERDS BUSH. I-LEY BLESS

-------------
HUMBLE RASTA MUSIC ADDICT AND SOUND SYSTEM NUTT CASE.ALL IN ALL A VERY NICE GUY.

Posted By: RENSAAB
Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 11:36am

less is definately more!

+1 A real David and Goliath scenario Shocked

-------------
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru

Posted By: dht
Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 9:26pm
Bwoy what can i say that has'nt been said? ive been to all the sound checks in this same hall & the only sounds imho that sounded any good in the audio range has to be vibration & instincts (the same session where borderline was playing) since then all of the sounds seem to be kinda struggling in some way or another,some just want to bass out the place but have no mids & tops others just want to burst ur ear drums with volume & no quality,it seems like the bar was raised when they played in the sound check i have not heard this audio repeted as yet i say this because i was also at the dance in tooting when vibration took out coxsone & i spy the same time.

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 9:50pm

Wha'pen to the up North systems? why they don't enter ? Killawatts Sounds! Paulus! Adrian's Wall, any system with Hog scoops, Ultimate, send down some of ya scoops etc...

Also Wha'pen to the Down South/South West systems? I heard Unknown Sound System in Bristol on Saturday. Wicked!!!!!!

Jah Loko/Unique Star could do some damage too

Also heard Qualitex's new system for the first time last week. Very Impressed (The Real Qualitex from Bristol that is, not the Qualitex/Diamond link upLOL)

Yo QSS! When you coming to London?

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 December 2010 at 10:00pm
On AV Promotions facebook page, the next Rice & Peas should be very good 19th Dec, 1 sound in particular on the line up in my opinion is a roaring Lion!!!!..................

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 4:10am
unique star from bristol has been around for at least 20yrs !!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 6:30am
THE NAME OF THE LEROY SMART IS CALLED FITTEST SHALL SURVIVE. BLESS

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by GENERAL LEE GENERAL LEE wrote:

THE NAME OF THE LEROY SMART IS CALLED FITTEST SHALL SURVIVE. BLESS

cheers star Star
ruff tune that

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:40am

Hey Bredrins!

Wouldn't it be good if the promoters were to get a sound from each city for each of the sound checks?
Kind of like a South East, South West, Northern and Midlands Link Up
I think that would be a very interesting event

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:42am

Not all cities at the same time obviously. Still 3 at a time.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:51am
Hey Ras I.
I think that is a good idea. I was speaking to a few members and other sounds in the midlands and southwest about trying something similar in Bristol. and the response was positive.
So I'm sure they wouldn't mind going up to london for a sunday afternoon to have some fun.Smile

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Hey Bredrins!

Wouldn't it be good if the promoters were to get a sound from each city for each of the sound checks?
Kind of like a South East, South West, Northern and Midlands Link Up
I think that would be a very interesting event

I've been speaking with the promoters on this very same subject, It seems like there are alot of interest!! I've got it on good word that 2011 the promoters WILL be implementing such events Clap!!    

-------------

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 5:31pm
 good plan,i know me and another sound from round these ways would be up for it Smile

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:04pm
oi get in the que!! LOL

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: SBC
Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:08pm
few sounds in the east up for this i imagine with new setups!! 

-------------
F.T.S.S.

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:10pm
lol tell me about it!! We are in the process of securing a venue in Bedfordshire (prob Luton) so once it's been sorted if anyone wants to bring their sound down for something similar let me know Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:35pm
Here we go again,The thing with reggae music & reggae sound systems is that no one comes up with anything orignal anymore & when someone does what do we do? we all want to jump on the band wagon or there back,if we look at the state of reggae music nowadays all we here is just lick over tunes that many of us grew up on if not its just repress music nothing new that is why reggae music & sounds in england are at a stand still as no one comes up with there own ideas we should be looking to progress forward & not remain stactic by just doing what we see orther people do.(Thats just my two pence worth)

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:39pm
that's a very good idea i would like to get involved in that. bless up i-yah.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:05pm
If that statement is directed at me all I am looking to do is provide a venue for like minded people with soundsystems who love music and want to enjoy their sound system. Whether they play reggae, rnb hiphop, jungle, dnb, dubstep, etc. I'm not trying to step on any toes, not trying to get famous or make up the next 'great' event. I just want to get my sound out and play and if I can bring other people in and give them the same opportunity then why not? These type of events have been around for a long time and will keep going on aslong as people have a love for the music. Anyway i'm starting to waffle on now! All I wana do is enjoy my soundsystem and play the music I love. Why else do we build up a sound, put all our blood sweat an tears (not to mention £££) into it. I plan to do many different events including charity fundraisers etc but even so, what can you do that hasn't been done already?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:09pm

If that statement is directed at me all I am looking to do is provide a venue for like minded people with soundsystems who love music and want to enjoy their sound system. Whether they play reggae, rnb hiphop, jungle, dnb, dubstep, etc. I'm not trying to step on any toes, not trying to get famous or make up the next 'great' event. I just want to get my sound out and play and if I can bring other people in and give them the same opportunity then why not? These type of events have been around for a long time and will keep going on aslong as people have a love for the music. Anyway i'm starting to waffle on now! All I wana do is enjoy my soundsystem and play the music I love. Why else do we build up a sound, put all our blood sweat an tears (not to mention £££) into it. I plan to do many different events including charity fundraisers etc but even so, what can you do that hasn't been done already?

Well said that man Clap............

-------------

Posted By: balistic_sounds
Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:12pm
I agree Luton sound man. Why are people so red eye!

Posted By: kickdust
Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:19pm
DHT Your Gassed ! come off here pure negative vibes !!! what happen to your culture and Jah and Peace, Love and Unity 

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by dht dht wrote:

Here we go again,The thing with reggae music & reggae sound systems is that no one comes up with anything orignal anymore & when someone does what do we do? we all want to jump on the band wagon or there back,if we look at the state of reggae music nowadays all we here is just lick over tunes that many of us grew up on if not its just repress music nothing new that is why reggae music & sounds in england are at a stand still as no one comes up with there own ideas we should be looking to progress forward & not remain stactic by just doing what we see orther people do.(Thats just my two pence worth)

Wat yuh chatin bout bredrin???? Sound Check is just a civilised version of a Sound Clash which has been around for decades, but big up to AV Promotions for starting up the rice and peas sound check and if other people want to start up somthing similar in other parts of the country, what harm will that do to the sound business? NONE! If anything it will make it better. more and more sound man will now get the feather dusters and hoovers out now and clean up them boxes sat in their lockups for years.
The sound business is at a stand still because of the laptop dj's who call themself dis....sound and dat....sound but never lift a sound box in their life, don't know the diference between a jack plug and a xlr. You mention xlr to them and they think it's a gun.

So DHT, look into wat yuh sayin bredrin. It don't  mek no sense!!!
Dat two pence is not even worth 2 cents.
Now that is my £2 worth!!!

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Posted By: kickdust
Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:51pm
LOOOOOL

Date Posted: 02 December 2010 at 11:38pm
I think your misunderstanding the point im trying to make? yes anything someone is doing to keep sound system going is greatThumbs Up but what im trying to saying is if every/most reggae soundman & reggae producers were to try & come up with new ideas insted of us hopping on & of the same train all the time the reggae buisness would not be in the state it is today,so its nothing to do with being red eye/bad minded im saying as a whole people need to look within themselfs & try to do something different (as hard as it is) than the man/woman next door so people can keep reggae/sound going a lot stronger than it is now & move forward not keep repeating the cycle,so im not here to try & dis anyone.Peace

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 12:18am
Yo Bredrin! Heights of respect to the "I" for voicing his opinion, but there is no misunderstanding here, I overstand fully what you saying.
lets get to the point!!
You made a comment about man jumping on your band wagon after certain man mention about starting up something similar in a different area. So you have a problem with that. right?
What I and others are saying is, it is not a matter of people not having their own ideas but just taking a good idea to higher heights for the good of sound systems all over the country.
You have a good thing going there, but so far its mainly London sounds that been involved. For a soundman from up north to packup his sound and drive down to london on a sunday for free is not a simple thing, but if it can be done closer to home it wouldn't be so bad.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:02am
I dont have a problem with anyone starting up what they want as it has no effect on me what so ever i was simply putting across my personal opinion as a bystander looking in at the state of reggae music/sounds & all im saying is its just a repeat from way back still to this day & that we need to try & find different ideas from each orther in order to keep reggae/sound strong,yes if something can be taken to a higher heights for the good of reggae/sound system i cant see why that should be a problem to anyone as for the london sounds mainly being involved voice that at the sound check.Peace

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:12am
  woh woh woh!! friends and friends lets not blow this thing out of proportion now.  
Let me be the devils advocate here.
I agree with what dht is saying about we needing to have new ideas yes, but on the other hand, like Ras I says there is nothing wrong with taking a good idea and making it bigger.

For a while now I was thinking of starting in Bristol a thing called "Putting Back The System Into Sound System" from when Fire Links did "Putting Back The Dance Into Dancehall"
Would I then be accused of jumping on a band wagon?

The only reason this hasn't happened yet is there was not enough interest at the time down this neck of the woods.
Oh yea, then the Bristol Dub Club started. Thats not much different from the sound check only difference is that all the sounds are dub sounds, and that's been going on for a while now.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 8:31am
Originally posted by dht dht wrote:

Thumbs Down

Thumbs Up

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: Real Vybz
Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 5:16pm

Appologies to Vibration for hijacking post,

I think it maybe a good idea to move this discussion to it's own Post, so I have created a new post out of respect to Vibration/AV Promotions,and also a new ID for reasons that will become obvious. (and no it's not to hide my identity. It's me QSS)

So to all interested Sound Men, Check out " Bring Back The System Into Sound System" in Events and Ting section

-------------
REAL VYBZ, REAL MUZIK, REAL SOUNDZ

Posted By: Stepping Razor
Date Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:24am

Bring Back The System Into Sound System.

No Toasters allowed.

Date Posted: 07 December 2010 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Stepping Razor Stepping Razor wrote:

Bring Back The System Into Sound System.

No Toasters allowed.

Bless my lard, I hear wat you sayin, I think a mic man just for intro-ing tunes is ok though,  but NO SWEARING, NO DISSIN OTHER SOUNDS AND TINGS LIKE DAT,
After all we want to hear some GOOD mic section too, right? NO RAARGH RAAGH SHOUTIN AN TING

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 08 December 2010 at 9:18am
yuh nuh what when it comes to de mic ting really can't tek de hole bagga shouting and cussing so when yuh sey ah intro ting dat soun good no diss and ras pec de soun dem and call dem by dem name not calling dem nex soun. should be peace love and inity and ras pec for de soun and de music. blessed love.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:39pm

http://www.ligwa.co.uk/featured-0.htm - http://www.ligwa.co.uk/featured-0.htm

click to unzoom

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:49pm

you have to give Ligwa credit - he gets alot of sound from the celestion drivers

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:45pm
The Fane 1000 sound good in them to0

-------------
"Music is life"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net