Forum Description: Clubnights, Festivals, Parties, Choons, etc go in here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57745
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 8:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: SoundSystem Sound-Off November
Posted By: Motion54
Subject: SoundSystem Sound-Off November
Date Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:32pm

SOUNDS CAN BRING NO MORE THAN 4 SUBS IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

GOLDEN PALACE BANQUETING SUITE,
Unit 39 Hastings wood Trading Estate,
Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

5pm till 11pm 

Sunday 6th November 2011

Featured Sounds:-

LOVE SHOCK (East London)

TROJAN 7/STUDIO 2 (South London)

MUSIC FORCE (South London)

ETERNITY (South London)

EACH SOUND CAN BRING NO MORE THAN 4 SUBS IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

Below is a map and directions to help you locate venue.

The blue spot roughly marks where venue is located on map.

I suggest approaching from the Argon Rd end of Harbet Rd.
Follow the road up passing car pound on your left and as the road starts to bend to the left past the first large trading estate, you should see on your right, signs for "Hasting Wood Trading Estate" and "Golden Palace" and  "Eddies Cafe"

Turn right into estate and go through barrier by pressing buzzer and asking for access to Golden Palace.
Continue pass the first building on your right and then turn right and continue straight ahead.

You will see "Eddie's Cafe" and "Golden Palace" straight in front of you...........you have arrived!!!

Replies:
Posted By: bucky d
Date Posted: 10 October 2011 at 2:18pm
Interesting very interesting Smile

Posted By: tweeter box
Date Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

SOUNDS CAN BRING NO MORE THAN 4 SUBS IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

5pm till 11pm 

Sunday 2nd October 2011

Featured Sounds:-

LOVE SHACK (East London)

TROJAN 7/STUDIO 2 (South London)

MUSIC FORCE (South London)

ETERNITY (South London)

EACH SOUND CAN BRING NO MORE THAN 4 SUBS IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

Below is a map and directions to help you locate venue.

The blue spot roughly marks where venue is located on map.

I suggest approaching from the Argon Rd end of Harbet Rd.
Follow the road up passing car pound on your left and as the road starts to bend to the left past the first large trading estate, you should see on your right, signs for "Hasting Wood Trading Estate" and "Golden Palace" and  "Eddies Cafe"

Turn right into estate and go through barrier by pressing buzzer and asking for access to Golden Palace.
Continue pass the first building on your right and then turn right and continue straight ahead.

You will see "Eddie's Cafe" and "Golden Palace" straight in front of you...........you have arrived!!!

ClapThumbs Up

let the games begin Wink

Thumbs Up

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Posted By: RZR
Date Posted: 11 October 2011 at 6:50pm
 Clap

-------------
myspace music razor & sly

Razor & Sly on FaceBook

Posted By: waxhead
Date Posted: 19 October 2011 at 6:46pm
LOLLOLreally looking forward to this let the games and the fun beganLOL

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 10:42am
This time, 3 sounds from london and one sound from East London!!

I can't wait for this one also.

Biggup Waxhead!!! Look forward to hearing your music machine!! 

Posted By: crucial
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 11:23am
Is Love Shack a lovers rock sound?

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 11:43am
waxhead which sound is yours?

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 2:28pm
LOLYes Luton am Trojan 7/Studio 2 first time back on the reggae seen been away doing other things but after my father died me and my sister wanted a way to remember him and what better than doing what he loved playing music specially reggae & his sound system as he was the one who started it all so where back doing just that .
ClapBig respect to Motion54 & Solo for letting as play at this one as motion said where the wild card because nobody knows of as in this game so bring it on looking forward to the fun.

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by crucial crucial wrote:

Is Love Shack a lovers rock sound?

It's actually LoveShock (a tying error on my part)!!
I don't think Lovers Rock is gonna be in their record box for this one!!

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 2:56pm
WON'T BE IN MINE JUST HEAVY DUBS

Posted By: Preacher
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 4:25pm
Gwan Waxhead, hope to be down again for this one, just hope my lift sorts out his work schedule, as leaving early ain't very cool on my part! LOL

Motion54, I know we did PM about us playing, I know I never got back to you proper so I apologise for that. Hopefully after a bit of a rebuild we will be able to come and vibe up the place!

-------------
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.

Posted By: JudgeDredd
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

WON'T BE IN MINE JUST HEAVY DUBS

Splendid. Embarrassed

-------------
"Please inform the Federation, we have engaged the Borg.."

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 5:05pm
yes trojan 7, if you're bringing what i think you're bringing then i'm especially coming down to hear your sound Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:36pm
WinkPreacher my friend how have you been was good to see you last time hope you can make it don;t forget if you need any help let me know and it will be good also to see your sound down in london respect.

Posted By: knet94
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:46pm
Cecil, nice to see you last time. Looking forward to hearing your set at this one. Ken.

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 7:28pm
WinkYes mate been a long time was good to see you and so many faces that i knew at the last one,alot has happen with the sound and me being ill alot  but  i hope the people keep coming because Motion54 & solo deserve our respect for putting on this event monthly and bringing sound people together and keeping it alive for all soundman BIG AS ALL UPClap

Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 9:31pm
Everybody plays a part in this!
The sounds, the crowd, the venue owner etc etc
We have simply followed what came before us.......... rice n peas, bring back the Soundsystem, and so we give homage to the foundation.
Everyone of these elements play an important part to this event happening and being a success!!

So give yourselves all a very big round of applause!!!

Posted By: QSS
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 5:46am

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: mykey-
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 6:46am
Can we start to put rankings/odds on these sounds to give us an idea of what league they are.....this way a if a bottom ranked sound on that flyer won it would look pretty impressive?

not sure if that makes any sense, like most of my posts, but you can get an idea

-------------
BbbBBRAAAAPppBBBBbgushhhhhhhhssshhhhhGrAbRAAAAAAPPPPPp = Dubstep

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:50am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Can we start to put rankings/odds on these sounds to give us an idea of what league they are.....this way a if a bottom ranked sound on that flyer won it would look pretty impressive?

not sure if that makes any sense, like most of my posts, but you can get an idea

We did toy with a similar idea.

I suppose, each sound would have to 1st before being initially ranked.
This may involve judges to give a fair ranking system so to avoid as if say the sound that was actually the poorest
being ranked higher than they should by a biased larger crowd/following!!

This is something we are looking into.

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:59am

This may involve judges to give a fair ranking system so to avoid as if say the sound that was actually the poorest

As long as the judges are established, roots soundsystem owners or from a premier league system.

Many posters on SP think their mate is the heaviest thing they've ever heard, but have never been to big name clash. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by JudgeDredd JudgeDredd wrote:

As long as the judges are established, roots soundsystem owners or from a premier league system.

Many posters on SP think their mate is the heaviest thing they've ever heard, but have never been to big name clash. LOL
no way! it would have to be the opposite, just average joe peeps

On entry to the venue everyone gets a piece of paper with the 4 sounds on it, at the end of the night each person ticks off in order who they thought were the best to the worst

when they leave they put the paper in a box then onto excel spreadsheet later etc, then you could start to build up a percentage chart and a ranked system 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:24am

Mykey, what about if a sound has are larger following and therefore gets more votes even though they really weren't the best?

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:00am

Mykey, what about if a sound has are larger following and therefore gets more votes even though they really weren't the best?

Yep, have seen this before..

And a lot of people think "Loud" is the best.

Experienced veteran knows when he is hearing balanced, clean controlled sound, even when it is removing the roof. He also knows how to judge on factors like how many amps, quality of tunes, presentation, engineering, having no problems if using vinyl...

Many people are easily impressed by just one of those aspects.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:11am
Are we saying these "soundchecks" are now stepping up to "SOUNDCLASH" status?

If thats the case then I do agree that, well respected and experienced "REGGAE" Sound Men/Sound Engineers should be the judges.  Like Judge Dread, I've seen clashes were the majority of the crowd had a fovourite even before a tune is played.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:29am
Personally don't think they should be upgraded to Sound clash status. As I know that will lead to "bare ego bizniz",  and infinite number of "artist specials" being played.

"Maybe" each soundcheck could be judged on,

1)Presentation
2)Weight, Mids, Tops, Sizzle (LOL), how well sound fills the venue?
3)Music
4)Amount of equipment used - Cabs+Amps+Outboard - Less is more points ?
5)Promptness, Professionalism, Crowd entertainment

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:43am

if the sounds cover the venue then door money should go to whoever the people enjoy most. everyone before they leave write down who they enjoyed most and their admission will go to that sound. small incentive to perform. no clash, no competition, just an incentive to the sounds and some appreciation from the people they are playing for.

-------------

Posted By: SUFFERER
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:59am
Too much bias business will happen. Look at the first lot of certain entertainer 'dances', man who were not even present in the hall still ended up submitting votes LOL

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:03pm
Less is more points ? Clap

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

if the sounds cover the venue then door money should go to whoever the people enjoy most. everyone before they leave write down who they enjoyed most and their admission will go to that sound. small incentive to perform. no clash, no competition, just an incentive to the sounds and some appreciation from the people they are playing for.

You'll still get people voting for "matey", even before they reach the dance. LOL

Doubt there is any money left from admission, after venue cost.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

You'll still get people voting for "matey", even before they reach the dance. LOL

Doubt there is any money left from admission, after venue cost.

Yep. That will defo happen.Thumbs Up

If the event is held in....lets say Bristol, with a bristol sound a two london sounds. The fact that the distance of traveling the london sounds would have less supporters than the bristol sound and even though we would like to think that people would be unbiased we know that's not the case

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:52pm
It's like anything people or mate will always vote and say he was using this and he only had this but it just like going to war what do you carry a single bullet gun or a machine gun i know which one i would want to carry.

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

Are we saying these "soundchecks" are now stepping up to "SOUNDCLASH" status?

If thats the case then I do agree that, well respected and experienced "REGGAE" Sound Men/Sound Engineers should be the judges.  Like Judge Dread, I've seen clashes were the majority of the crowd had a fovourite even before a tune is played.

I agree with QSS, a clash dance is completely different to a soundcheck. I'm old enough to remember when I went to a clash dance and one sound was handing out £1 notes and whistles to the peepople so they could make the most noise even tho their sound and selection was crap but they were crowned champions as the crowd made the most noise for them (no names mentioned )!

Also if it is a clash, no promoter can tell me how much boxes to bring. I'm bringing whatever I want to win the dance as if a man waan bring knife to gun fight, den a fi him bizness dat!

I would prefer the sound checks as they are with all sounds on a level playing field (however think this venue deserves 6 scoops as it is a good size and can handle 6) Big up Motion 54 and all the sounds taking part in November. Bless up

-------------
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Also if it is a clash, no promoter can tell me how much boxes to bring. I'm bringing whatever I want to win the dance as if a man waan bring knife to gun fight, den a fi him bizness dat!

+1 Clap

Peace................ Big smile

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

If you're in "Roots/Dub" Clash in Scala, or many other established "Roots/Dub" venues, and the promoter says 4x or 8x box,  then is 4x or 8x you're bringing. Those million box dance is not roots&dub ting.LOL

Seen Shanti/JTS/WSP blaze up Venues with only 4x scoops.

In fact one time JTS only bought 6x scoops to an 8 box ting, running off "one amp", and still kept up with the rest.

A lesson in how to efficiently engineer a sound.Wink

-------------

Posted By: ras i
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 2:42pm
If we have big enough venues then yes we can have sound clashes where sounds bring what they "OWN" not no borrow from friend or hire ting, 
but we can also have clashes where a maximum amount of boxes are allowed due to venue size.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 2:49pm

Personally don't think they should be upgraded to Sound clash status. As I know that will lead to "bare ego bizniz",  and infinite number of "artist specials" being played.

1)Presentation
3)Music

Isn't that a soundclash then?Confused  As long as the sounds will be judged and a rating given or a winner picked then that will be a clash.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 3:01pm
Yes I agree with ras I. As long as there is judging becomes a competition so it is a soundclash.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

1)Presentation
3)Music

Isn't that a soundclash then?Confused  As long as the sounds will be judged and a rating given or a winner picked then that will be a clash.

I didn't mention anything about a winner or clash. Is Mykey started that foolishness (as usual instigating strife & contention). Along with getting the crowd to vote.. <facepalm>

IMHO, clash is primarily for the benefit of the crowd.

Thought soundcheck was primarily for sounds who don't play that often, to try/tune up their system in public, with other sounds present.

Judges making decision about which sound overall did the best on day, encourages them in their quest, and provides the other sounds valuable input from experts. Clash does'nt do any of this.
Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 3:34pm
from very small children we're brainwashed in to competing Judgedread. In the back of the minds of these for sounds is what they would be thinking no?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 4:11pm
However these event are run there will always be an ellement of competition, but it can be done in a constructive way.
The way these events are run now where the punters which include other respected soundmen and engineers make there observations and give there suggestions on the forum or to the sounds personally on where and how a sound can improve is fine imo.

Once we begin to intruduce official judges in anyway it then becomes a clash.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 4:14pm
I personally think there is room for both formats to work.
We have been doing sounchecks for a while now, so most sounds should know where they stand so maybe it's time for some more serious sound clashesBig smile

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

from very small children we're brainwashed in to competing Judgedread. In the back of the minds of these for sounds is what they would be thinking no?

So you're a mind reader now ? You have'nt been to "one" of those events, yet you know what soundman playing there are thinking?

If you took the time to read into the history of RicenPeas, then SoundSystem Soundoff, it is easily recognisable Soundsystem soundoff was more  about lesser known sounds getting an opportunity to give their systems a "stretch out", in an atmosphere, where crowd was mostly sound people, as opposed to dance goers.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:20pm

We have been doing sounchecks for a while now, so most sounds should know where they stand so maybe it's time for some more serious sound clashesBig smile

Sorry but don't agree.

Some sounds are just not good enough yet to talk about clashing with anyone. So now instead of improving their sound quality and investing in quality cabs and amps, they'll be spending $$$ getting dubplates, and blowing drivers when they try to blast them. Mykey just mash up the vibe with his 1 post.

If I want to hear sound clash, I'll go hear WSP, Shanti, JTS, Operation,JV, Kibir, EQ, Bosrah, Touch Above or similiar level. Because they know soundsystems, and machine is ready for war.

Thought these soundcheck events were about upcoming sounds getting ready for next level.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:32pm

Sorry but don't agree.

Some sounds are just not good enough yet to talk about clashing with anyone. So now instead of improving their sound quality and investing in quality cabs and amps, they'll be spending $$$ getting dubplates, and blowing drivers when they try to blast them. Mykey just mash up the vibe with his 1 post.

If I want to hear sound clash, I'll go hear WSP, Shanti, JTS, Operation,JV, Kibir, EQ, Bosrah, Touch Above or similiar level. Because they know soundsystems, and machine is ready for war.

Thought these soundcheck events were about upcoming sounds getting ready for next level.

Yes I agree that some of the sounds are not quite ready for the big league as yet, but I have
heard a few sounds in the soundchecks that would give some of the so called big sounds a run for their money.
I'm not saying to stop the sounchecks, HELL NO! All I'm saying is lets have some events where we
step up the game up a gear or twoWink 

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: spanners
Date Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:47pm
interesting thread to read..... no real need for judges unless its summit like best new entertainer as usually u can jus use your own ears. everybodys there to have a good time, to hear music they love ... always the added bonus of ''OOOoooo havent heard this tune before!?'' too or ''s#it me, didn't expect that!''

.... whatever happens, matters not....... lot of good people pulling together to make sure theres a little relief from the rat race.

Biggup all of you!

Posted By: MotioN54SOLO
Date Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:58pm
Okay the MotioN54 squad have been having this discussion for couple of days bringing a element of competition into the SOUND-OFF not only is it a chance for a sound to blow off steam at full volume but to expand the next person into music he / she is unfamiliar with, there are hundreds of thousands of choons to be played not only to be playing Prophecy or Famine but starting from January there will be a next level being introduced to the SOUND-OFF as we want to get sounds back in the arena and not just waiting for "Carnival" wether Birmingham,Luton,Bristol or Notting Hill etc however not everyone will be able to afford to cut dubplates so this is about musical knowledge and quality of soundsystem so in 2012 let the games begin

love,peace and bassline
Solo MotioN54

Date Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

Okay the MotioN54 squad have been having this discussion for couple of days bringing a element of competition into the SOUND-OFF not only is it a chance for a sound to blow off steam at full volume but to expand the next person into music he / she is unfamiliar with, there are hundreds of thousands of choons to be played not only to be playing Prophecy or Famine but starting from January there will be a next level being introduced to the SOUND-OFF as we want to get sounds back in the arena and not just waiting for "Carnival" wether Birmingham,Luton,Bristol or Notting Hill etc however not everyone will be able to afford to cut dubplates so this is about musical knowledge and quality of soundsystem so in 2012 let the games begin

love,peace and bassline
Solo MotioN54

Well done Motion 54, lets hope next year its a 6 or 8 scoop ting, that way we can separate the big sounds from the up and coming one with only 4 scoops !

Or at least have one off events for 6 or 8 scoops throughout the year. A clash ting will just become negative imo as there are a number of sounds cutting plenty dubs but there sound isnt worth a quatty. As Judge Dredd said earlier, get your sound to sound right first, and then cut some dubs. Bless up.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 3:57am

Changes will occur in 2012, but more will be revealed once we have fully trashed out all the options.

Feel free to air your opinions!!!

Right now, though our attention is on 6 november.
An interesting sound lineup!!!

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 11:16am
Advert is complete !!!!

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:33pm
SOUND SYSTEM SOUND OFF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGdqnAECmc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:36pm

Changes will occur in 2012, but more will be revealed once we have fully trashed out all the options.

Is that suggesting next year is minimum 6x scoop, 2x stack ting !?

Bwoy, might have to start buying extra speaker cable from now. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:47pm
no Judge , we haven't made a final decision as yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGdqnAECmc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:48pm
But buy some set speed cos it's steppin up a gear

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 8:29pm

Is that suggesting next year is minimum 6x scoop, 2x stack ting !?

Bwoy, might have to start buying extra speaker cable from now. LOL

So we gonna get a chance to hear you system Dredd?

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 26 October 2011 at 8:32pm

So we gonna get a chance to hear you system Dredd?

No comment. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:06am

love,peace and bassline
Solo MotioN54

i do like this idea Clap

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:21am
i dont think theres any need for judges, clash etc etc

when 3 or 4 sounds meet inna venue everybody wants to do there best and walk away happy with there effort & contribution, some will go in with the intention to "ruff up the place" aswell which i dont see nothing wrong with healthy friendly competition

the feedback thats recieved through this forum and via other channels is enough to know what the public thought of the dance but at the same time i dont see anything wrong with voting slips IF people want to fill them in

ive seen when some of the rice n peas events have turned into a "clash" and even though the entertainment factor was great its not something id like to try myself

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

when 3 or 4 sounds meet inna venue everybody wants to do there best and walk away happy with there effort & contribution, some will go in with the intention to "ruff up the place" aswell which i dont see nothing wrong with healthy friendly competition

the feedback thats recieved through this forum and via other channels is enough to know what the public thought of the dance but at the same time i dont see anything wrong with voting slips IF people want to fill them in

+1

Dub Clash is definetly my thing, as this is where it's the "machines" & music that are battling.

But clashes where 5x tunes are played for 1 minute, just for the artist to mention the sound name is not entertainment in my books.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:04am

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

+1

Dub Clash is definetly my thing, as this is where it's the "machines" & music that are battling.

But clashes where 5x tunes are played for 1 minute, just for the artist to mention the sound name is not entertainment in my books.

+2

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:42am
It's what "you" the public request but not all sounds can afford dubplates / specials
a sound can kill with 45s same way, just draw for some obscure riddim get a big forward then kaput !!

The 6th November should be interesting!!

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 11:31am

It's what "you" the public request but not all sounds can afford dubplates / specials
a sound can kill with 45s same way, just draw for some obscure riddim get a big forward then kaput !!

The 6th November should be interesting!!

tbh id also get bored of listening to a sound play 30 secs of a tune jus coz it has there name in it, dont get to enjoy the tune that way

a strictly obscure music event would be interesting, i know the real music lovers would appreciate that, no regular tunes jus one a way bizness is definatly something id like to see/hear

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 11:57am
That's the one I been looking for, some digging in the crate business

Date Posted: 27 October 2011 at 1:29pm
Well ali  i know is that i won't be playing no dubplates just 45s from the street old and new i don't think it would do me any good anyway because i have to make sure my system is ready first then maybe,but i still think not.

Date Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Well ali  i know is that i won't be playing no dubplates just 45s from the street old and new i don't think it would do me any good anyway because i have to make sure my system is ready first then maybe,but i still think not.

Star

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 8:00am
A few days to go!!

Any queries regarding this episode then contact Motion54SOLO.

Date Posted: 02 November 2011 at 4:39pm
Well VEX!!AngryGonna miss this one.
Hey jason, give us a live update with your I-Phone. I'll keep checking on here to see thoughout the night.

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: dan i dubdub
Date Posted: 02 November 2011 at 4:50pm
"bored of listening to a sound play 30 secs of a tune jus coz it has there name in it"
too true Tweeter, too true.

Not interested.  Crate digging, now you're talking.  My only experience of running clashes was a series of revival clashes, which had only a few rules:

1. No music after 1985 (it was a revival session)
2. No personal dubplates = automatic disqualification for breaking this rule
3. Dig deep and entertain us

The only people really impressed by sound playing personal dubplates are the sound playing personal dubplates.  It's boasting, not Jah vibes.

Date Posted: 02 November 2011 at 5:15pm
well said it's all about D.I.T.C

Diggin In The Crates

Posted By: Showcase
Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 7:01am
No wonder the ladies have stopped coming to dances..... What's happened to plain old entertainment? Does it have to be pure roots & culture and bass pressure?

Come on guys!! Dubplates or crate digging it's all the same thing. Mine is bigger than yours and I can play what you can't not what the sound off is about... 2012 all change!!

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 8:52am
hummm... kinda agree but tend to disagree, it's kinda like Formula 1 or Boxing mostly male dominated events however one & two ladies in the place attend to support people they know,if it starts to change up away from the original concept that means the music playlist will change to accomidate ladies which means another same ol same ol,all these events with excessive sound systems ie World Cup Clash,Shaka,Scala etc have a few women but it's a man ting , I don't wana start hearing H-Town or Trey Songs in a Sound Off bruv

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:39am
H who!!! Not what you play it's how you play it. It's the general ego I'm on about. As we do more sound system hire than anything that's what I hear most from the ladies.... The Dj's are playing to themselves and this is in all arenas I go in. Come on solo we come from the same school you know... Jah tubbys at brook house nuff ladies then!!

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Showcase Showcase wrote:

H who!!! Not what you play it's how you play it. It's the general ego I'm on about. As we do more sound system hire than anything that's what I hear most from the ladies.... The Dj's are playing to themselves and this is in all arenas I go in. Come on solo we come from the same school you know... Jah tubbys at brook house nuff ladies then!!

I think ladies opinion applies mostly to a Dance.

RicenPeas & Soundsystem soundoff as I understand it, is opportunity for crew to test their machine, in presence of other crews/soundman. If soundman brings his woman, nice, but gig priority to impress other soundman, not women, yes?

Proper soundman's woman will complain if not enough heavy tunes are played, or bare dubplate/dancehall tings played. LOL

My woman asked me if I was ready to go at last gig, when vocal only track was played.Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:12am
ClapWill i have to agree with Solo on this matter i stopped going to dances because am feed up of djs playing music just for the woman so there can sing along don't want to hear it always end up holding up the bar and drinking to much sick of it. Drop the bass heavy and if woman don't want to come because there don't like the bass or the music so what all the woman i know love it,as for old revival session have no problem with that but no cds only vinyl.

JUST MY VIEWS ON THE MATTERWink 

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:49am
Well I can see why most of you guys don't get booked to play out too often!!! No offence intended just mu observations. Roll on Sunday it will be very interesting indeed. We'll continue this conversation on Sunday.

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:55am
After reading all of this read looks to me like people are looking for 3x different things,

1. Reggae Dance
2. People looking for R&C - that could mean dancehall, revival clash
3. Dub

Best RicenPeas sessions in my books, were when at least one sound specialised in Dub all night.
E.g. when Ren broke down the place.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:59am
Bredda B course I remember the old Jah Tuubys days but that era and them people moved on they got grandkids now but there's a couple cosmopolitan students who don't mind experiencing the SoundSystem ting all I can do as a promoter is to let them know bout it but can't bring em in cos you know women on a Sunday ain't going nowhere
you can lead a horse to water...

So on that note ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:04pm
LISTEN UP!!!!
A soundcheck is what it says SOUND CHECK! Soundman pays his money to string up his system in a hall usually used for dances to check out how his systems sounds in a proper hall and compare ti to others in a similar position or to showcase his system to potential promoters, and hopefully get some constructive feedback from those who attend.
It is not a competition. So the man should be allowed to play what he wants "within the guidlines" so as not to let things get out of hand.
If a promoter wants to have a soundcheck just for "roots sounds" then thats a different ting.
If a propoter wants to promote a "sound clash" that again is someting different.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:05pm
Hopefully MyththeMarco can film in HD again ( what a quality clip )then post on YouTube aswell Im gona try film if I get a chance

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:18pm
Solo, get lazy Macca out to do some filming.

And I rest my case with my last statement .... Let's just try and keep this sound thing going in whatever format. Most of all let's have fun people...

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:28pm
Heh heh yeah
I might bring my piano down we'll av a good ol knees up and a pint of bitter!!!

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:29pm

Will am 75 percent ready to rumble other 25 percent depends if i can get someone down to help me test the uppperbass boxes if not well we won't be playing with any

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:36pm

LISTEN UP!!!!
If a promoter wants to have a soundcheck just for "roots sounds" then thats a different ting.

Hmmm.. interesting idea..

-------------

Posted By: chamron
Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 12:51pm

But you have the same problem with a revival dance were a selector can get carried away and plays selection that is too deep for the public and that can get very boring... I say let the sound play what they want some of their dubs won't be heard again anyway..

Big up the promoter keep up the good work......

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 1:12pm

A soundcheck is what it says SOUND CHECK! Soundman pays his money to string up his system in a hall usually used for dances to check out how his systems sounds in a proper hall and compare ti to others in a similar position or to showcase his system to potential promoters, and hopefully get some constructive feedback from those who attend.

It is not a competition.

Clap Well said!

What I haven't seen in any of the sound checks I've personally been to unless I've missed it, is a system pull down there stack, rearrange it & set it differently!

For instance, the sound-off with the system with the A.S.S DC full scoops (Motion) would have been good to hear the same stack with the scoops upright. Nuh true?

More than enough people there who know wouldn't hesitate to swop it round. Would take a few seconds.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 1:27pm
Yes Mr.T but when there was only 2 of us at the time the mids/tops box ain't no joke that weighs some serious kilos usually there are 4 of us but I agree I well wanted to hear them upright strapped up an ting, well they roll in 2012 the "Sound Off Olympic Special" blue corner red corner tag team business...
ooops have I let the cat out

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 1:33pm
Next time!
No matter how heavy they are, trust me, that stack would be changed quick! A few of us even briefly discussed it on the same night!

Wouldn't mind seeing a few systems changing over pre-amps/front end during the sound checks!

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:25pm
You see Tekasis that's the thing we need more of

UNITY

that's blessed king nice iyah!!

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:21pm
defo would have thrown more stood up i reakon in that big place,i nearly always hoen load mine but when i seen the size of that place stood them up,good job i did and 1 went a bit sad LOLLOLLOL

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

A soundcheck is what it says SOUND CHECK! Soundman pays his money to string up his system in a hall usually used for dances to check out how his systems sounds in a proper hall and compare ti to others in a similar position or to showcase his system to potential promoters, and hopefully get some constructive feedback from those who attend.

It is not a competition.

Clap Well said!

What I haven't seen in any of the sound checks I've personally been to unless I've missed it, is a system pull down there stack, rearrange it & set it differently!

You are so right TekThumbs Up
We could have done with rearranging our set at golden palace as well

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:20pm
good point, would be good to try out different stackin methods, would love to hear the exact difference in sound, throw etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:15pm
Now we talking soundcheck talkThumbs Up

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: spanners
Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 1:06am
Clap .... soon come... looking forward to a nice smiley chill.... big up all sounds!

Posted By: Bindair
Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 4:51pm

Well I can see why most of you guys don't get booked to play out too often!!! No offence intended just mu observations. Roll on Sunday it will be very interesting indeed. We'll continue this conversation on Sunday.
Bit of a bold statement matey no wonder people don't rate you no offence just my observation

Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 5:04pm
now now play nicely or the the toys will go back in the box and there will be no supper!!!

Posted By: Bindair
Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 5:08pm

No wonder the ladies have stopped coming to dances..... What's happened to plain old entertainment? Does it have to be pure roots & culture and bass pressure?

Come on guys!! Dubplates or crate digging it's all the same thing. Mine is bigger than yours and I can play what you can't not what the sound off is about... 2012 all change!!
Ebony are you scared of bass pressure because you can't keep up ? I've heard you play a dubplate talking bout ebony showcase blah blah blah so are you a hypocrite ????? Explain yourself nothing wrong with gps format if you want to play ragga & hip hop go elsewhere & do it blud

Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 6:12pm
LOLLove that need i say any moreClapClapLOL

Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Next time!
No matter how heavy they are, trust me, that stack would be changed quick! A few of us even briefly discussed it on the same night!

Wouldn't mind seeing a few systems changing over pre-amps/front end during the sound checks!

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 04 November 2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Bindair Bindair wrote:

Ebony are you scared of bass pressure because you can't keep up ? I've heard you play a dubplate talking bout ebony showcase blah blah blah so are you a hypocrite ????? Explain yourself nothing wrong with gps format if you want to play ragga & hip hop go elsewhere & do it blud

Come on guys please lets keep these discussions positive and low the negative vibes.

Bindair.. I don't know who you are but it seems like every discussion you get involved in has a negative vibes with it. What's that about. Are you genuine or are you just here to create a rift in this soundsystem comunity, because that's how it look to meStern Smile

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net