Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pro light & Sound @ Messe, 2017.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Darkstar Darkstar wrote:

However I definitely don't get how RCF and DB technologies got away just fine with their +20dB level, and as I already mentioned they were further away from the measurement mic, for the whole 4 days of PL+S.

They pay.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 11:18am
All demo rigs should be force fed with exactly the same music and mixes by the shows organisers--this is the only way to have a level playing field, then if any of the manufacturers engineers want to f-ck it up then they are welcome to do so.
At least this way potential buyers get a real true picture.
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

However I definitely don't get how RCF and DB technologies got away just fine with their +20dB level, and as I already mentioned they were further away from the measurement mic, for the whole 4 days of PL+S.

They pay.

Yeah, exactly as I thought...
Bass =/= Enough
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 11:32am
Although I agree its there product to show off however they want.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:18pm

Money talks. 

Best Regards, 

Elliot Thompson
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:25pm
RCF has the biggest booth of them all, plus they pay for that extra stage outside. So money talks, like Elliot said.

When i asked last year for a booth, they told me no problem, but when i asked for a spot outside they told me no free spot in the next 3 years. So we decided not to go to the show.
Then we came to the PSL and realized the second stage was half empty. I got really pissed off.

What was funny it that show organizers measures the SPL A weighted, so basically all that bass from Funktion1 was not measured at all. It was way louder then any other rig and still stayed in the SPL limit.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
toastyghost View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:38pm
Yep, some of the rigs take the proverbial with their bass level. It's odd too, on some days it was going red at 105dBA and others at 100.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:54pm

A lot of manufactures use loudness as the key to sales. They realise some soundmen will buy a loudspeaker system based on sheer volume over sound quality. So it is not surprising to hear some companies run their systems just a little too ragged in order to get their attention. Manufactures realise those who own systems that lack bass will more than likely find themselves gravitating to wards a system offering a lot of bass.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:02pm
What i was saying is that Funktion One realized that they can push their subs way louder then the rest and stay well within SPL limits. Because A weighted is high passed at about 150hz. Not sure about the exact frequency, but it basically dont hear the subs at all.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:50pm

If I remember correctly, A-Weighting is -3 dB @ 500 Hz.

Best Regards, 

Elliot Thompson
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:54pm
-40dB @ 30Hz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic