Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QSC vs Berry INUKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by ape3435 ape3435 wrote:

is a Powersoft/pkn etc worth 4,5,6 times the price? no chance.

Wait for it.....it's the cost of research and development though the K series design is about 10 years old so long paid for.

Would love to hear the inuke 12000 and PCM 20 side by side.[/QUOTE]

Yes and of course once a design has paid for itself you stop making any money, and of course you never spend a penny on R&D for other projects. Jesus Christ.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Yes, they will do 40 at 4 or 8, though 8 seems better, they definitely don't do 30, 45 is my x over point and luckily they seem very happy at this, I was seriously shocked whe I got them, in the band I'm using them they "seem" sharper, tighter and harder hitting than my Crests, they do get a bad press but plenty of haters are certainly shocked when they hear them.

Also this is the dynamic of well designed Class D really. If people stopped talking watts and actually used Volts, which is more accurate anyway, then it wouldn't be so surprising. Voltage swing is king, especially for high crest factor music.

Edited by toastyghost - 08 December 2016 at 8:52pm
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

What amp have you got in the Van/Rack as backup?

skytec.....

...i'll get me coat...

over 2 years ago wen i first got my inuke 6000 dsp LOL been goin strong ever since how views have changed Wink
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Yes, they will do 40 at 4 or 8, though 8 seems better, they definitely don't do 30, 45 is my x over point and luckily they seem very happy at this, I was seriously shocked whe I got them, in the band I'm using them they "seem" sharper, tighter and harder hitting than my Crests, they do get a bad press but plenty of haters are certainly shocked when they hear them.

Also this is the dynamic of well designed Class D really. If people stopped talking watts and actually used Volts, which is more accurate anyway, then it wouldn't be so surprising. Voltage swing is king, especially for high crest factor music.

Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:11am
i have no experience with i nuke 6000 on sub , but mentioned is the sae 1450, this is also an impressive amp for the money,i strap 4 x 1850s on mine 2 a side cut 33 to 77 with good results and no clipping,i find it very smooth and the cone control is 2nd to none,have surprised a few people with it when they come to look at amps and do not see a 3u monsterLOL,i changed my big void infinite for one,tho being in a 2u case i was sceptical,but dont watch that,stays ice ice cold even after 6 hour hire outs and hits the lows, my hire outs are all heavy drum and bass and jungle so lots of low material, if it did not do the job would have be off loaded by now :) 

Edited by paulus - 09 December 2016 at 8:18am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

i have no experience with i nuke 6000 on sub , but mentioned is the sae 1450, this is also an impressive amp for the money,i strap 4 x 1850s on mine 2 a side cut 33 to 77 with good results and no clipping,i find it very smooth and the cone control is 2nd to none,have surprised a few people with it when they come to look at amps and do not see a 3u monsterLOL,i changed my big void infinite for one,tho being in a 2u case i was sceptical,but dont watch that,stays ice ice cold even after 6 hour hire outs and hits the lows, my hire outs are all heavy drum and bass and jungle so lots of low material, if it did not do the job would have be off loaded by now :) 

Interesting, do you apply any voltage limiter? If so, at what voltage? I'm limiting my two 18sw115-8(one each side) at about 95v, and with low crestfactor 40 hz basslines it starts to clip slightly.

I wonder which driver is more powerhungry, 1850(I guess you use 8 ohm models) or 18sw115-8? In the future I might get two more drivers so your insight is valuable regarding how you drive your system!

Do you blow any fuses running the system hot with 4 drivers?

Thanks

Edited by osse - 09 December 2016 at 8:59am
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:17am
i use a limiter on my LMS so the amp when i going for it, hits the clip say every 5 secs,yes 1850s are 8 ohm drivers, 2 in parallel so running 4 ohm per channel , tho i will add i do use a 6mm feed and when running on 13 amp plug tops use the bass amp on its own plug,i have only took the breakers out once so far and that was being lazy and running all sound off 1 plug top, i now use 6mm feeds to bass amp thenanother 6mm to the rest, tho that driver you have is a 1700w beast and 97db , have found the limiters on the amp it self very good also no nastys or loss of damping on cones at high/flat out level,Nuke not that i am saying you should run it flat out ShockedLOL i think with drivers like you have there more power will be needed, or go down the bridge root

Edited by paulus - 09 December 2016 at 10:21am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by osse osse wrote:

Interesting, do you apply any voltage limiter? If so, at what voltage? I'm limiting my two 18sw115-8(one each side) at about 95v, and with low crestfactor 40 hz basslines it starts to clip slightly.
Thanks

B&C 18SW115 has Reference efficiency (no) Value of 1.9%, which makes the published sensitivity value of 97db pure fiction/manufacturer lies.

PD1850 (Not Series 2), is far more efficient.

Berry INUKE 6000 will not be sufficient to drive 1x 18SW115 per channel.

In fact, due to very low efficiency of this driver, would imagine most amps would clip, before fully powering a pair of these, per channel.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:50am
Perhaps contact Bennet Prescott if you think the B&C specs are lies. They're very open about how numbers are derived.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:48am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Perhaps contact Bennet Prescott if you think the B&C specs are lies. They're very open about how numbers are derived.

I said the published sensitivity was lies, which it is.

According to this calculator,

http://www.mh-audio.nl/Reference.asp

the reference efficiency is 1.83, and the sensitivity is actually 94.6.

Maybe plug in T/S values for V18-1000, JBL 2226H, PD1850 (series 1), Fane Colossus 18-400, to get an idea, of which drivers are close to real 97db sensitivity.

EDIT:Is nothing new, or particular to B&C.

Most driver manufacturers, embellish sensitivity figures, as they know most buyers swallow the figures as gospel, and only the really discerning buyers, will take the time to calculate them, given T/S parms, and draw up spreadsheet, comparing Reference efficiencies.

Wink

Originally posted by <a href=http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1 rel=nofollow>http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1</a> http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1 wrote:

no: Free air reference efficiency.

This is given as a percentage. I find it more useful to look at the reference efficiency than to look at the manufacturers sensitively figures. A lot of the sensitivity figures quoted are useless and inflated, some manufacturers don�t even quote the no, they just give you their sensitivity figures, what does that tell you. The no figure is the efficiency of the driver before the manufacturer has put it into a box and decided the sensitivity figure for it. For bass drivers no�s of around 3.8% to 5% are good, the driver would have a sensitivity of around 97.9 to 99.2 dB for the 5% driver. More common are no�s around 1.8% to 3.8% and these drivers would not be as efficient. An no of 1.8% would give a sensitivity of 94.7 dB and 3.8 % would be 97.9 dB. The figures quoted here are for 1w/1m. You will find that drivers with high xmax figures do not have high no figures. Because they have longer voice coils which are heavier for the motor to move they are less efficient.

Edited by levyte357- - 09 December 2016 at 11:55am
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:53am
 reference efficiency and sensitivity are not the same thing Lev, sensitivity can be measured at a specific frequency, or averaged over a band, you change the band you chance the sensitivity.  Its really not a question of one number, No. is derived from free air parameters anyway, once you load the driver it all changes.  

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

reference efficiency and sensitivity are not the same thing Lev, sensitivity can be measured at a specific frequency, or averaged over a band, you change the band you chance the sensitivity.  Its really not a question of one number, No. is derived from free air parameters anyway, once you load the driver it all changes. 

The above has was argued previously here.

However a little strange, that Void V18-1000 calculated Ref efficiency of approx 3.57, is also inline with published sensitivity of approx 97.7

I've found Rog's approach to be fundamentally correct, most Manufacturers invent fairytale sensitivity, and the really sensitive drivers, have decent reference efficiency, and the published sensitivity figure, is inline with calculated no.

This is the case with Series1 PD1850, JBL 2226H, Fane-18-400.

Distributors selling low efficiency 18s on SP, tend to disagree with this, but I'll stick with Rog on this one.LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 09 December 2016 at 12:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>