Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QSC vs Berry INUKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 12:06pm
They can correlate depending on how you specify sensitivity, but there not the same thing.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

They can correlate depending on how you specify sensitivity, but there not the same thing.  

Agreed..

Especially as you are a known scientific dude on SP, as opposed to reseller. LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 2:42pm
i would have the b&c over the pd anyday ov the week,..ive had both Thumbs Up
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

i would have the b&c over the pd anyday ov the week,..ive had both Thumbs Up

Don't get me wrong, plenty of drivers "sound" better/warmer than PDs/Voids.

But it's shameful how "some" manufacturers, published "inaccurate" sensitivity figures, then buyers realize too late, intended amp won't have the "minerals", to power the drivers properly, and wonder what they've bought into. LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> reference efficiency and sensitivity are not the same thing Lev, sensitivity can be measured at a specific frequency, or averaged over a band, you change the band you chance the sensitivity.  Its really not a question of one number, No. is derived from free air parameters anyway, once you load the driver it all changes.  </span>

The above has was argued previously here.

However a little strange, that Void V18-1000 calculated Ref efficiency of approx 3.57, is also inline with published sensitivity of approx 97.7

I've found Rog's approach to be fundamentally correct, most Manufacturers invent fairytale sensitivity, and the really sensitive drivers, have decent reference efficiency, and the published sensitivity figure, is inline with calculated no.

This is the case with Series1 PD1850, JBL 2226H, Fane-18-400.

Distributors selling low efficiency 18s on SP, tend to disagree with this, but I'll stick with Rog on this one.LOL

Rog must have changed his mind then given what he uses.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ape3435 ape3435 wrote:

is a Powersoft/pkn etc worth 4,5,6 times the price? no chance.

Wait for it.....it's the cost of research and development though the K series design is about 10 years old so long paid for.

Would love to hear the inuke 12000 and PCM 20 side by side.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever experienced how a real professional sound system work, sound quality, pulse response, etc..?
The INUKE and tons of his "cheap brothers" DO NOT EVEN FIT IN THE PROFESSIONAL AUDIO CATEGORY!
Most of the "minimal requirements" to be professional are missing, it is more like 'HiFi or car audio' category :-D

I have already told several times that those self-oscillating true output feedback less IRS2092 Class-D cores in the INUKE and "cheap others " are NOT suitable for quality power amplification. They have made for low quality requirements, such:

Q: " is a Powersoft/pkn etc worth 4,5,6 times the price? no chance "
A: There are 10X of the components in a real professional device and this is reflected in their price.

Edited by U.Viktor - 11 December 2016 at 10:25am
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 1:33pm
Thumbs Up
And the Chinese government are shits who's pockets you are lining with your children's future.

It's everything, not everythink!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 5:46pm
Really Nicky??? But are the Chinese government spendin billions bombing the crap out of the middle east? I don't see your reason for the constant digs at the Chinese,  human rights?  Perhaps we should buy are gear from the UK or US, hundreds of thousands dead, millions displaced, putting my cash in the UK/US war machine that has brutalised millons since 911 makes me feel so much warmer inside. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456