Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF L15P540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonicXtasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCF L15P540
    Posted: 30 March 2016 at 1:28am
I just acquired up some junk, carpeted MDF double 15" with piezos cabinets the other day for virtually nothing. One cabinet had they original crappy stamped steel drivers and the other had what I thought were Eminence Kappa Pro 15a due to the cone design and other cabs I acquired from the same person had Eminence in them. I pulled out the busted jack plate and noticed they were actually RCF L15P540's. 

Will these work well as midbass drivers in a small reflex 2-way with some B&C DE750 comps or are they better for other applications? I have some well built 2.3 cu ft cabs sitting around and was considering loading them with these. Thanks.

Edited by SonicXtasy - 30 March 2016 at 1:30am
The member formally known as vwbidder.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 3:54am
Should work great., RCF recommends a 2.48ft ported box as one of the optimal alignments which is close enough to what you have.

Edited by Conanski - 30 March 2016 at 3:57am
SonicXtasy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonicXtasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 11:01am
Thats what I thought but did not want to go spending time and money building a crossover if the driver wasn't a decent fit for the application. Thanks.
The member formally known as vwbidder.
 Post Reply Post Reply