Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reggae pre amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by peppa peppa wrote:

peace to one an all in de roots n culture forum trev,mskeete,hikk etc jus joined luv the discussion about the parametric eq's .i'd like to add one point to your talk,the reason  why the para cct is so named is regardless of whether u choose to make(freq,Q or gain) variable or fixed the cct is still classified as a parametric amp the best eq being a ten band parametric.any peace

Greetings Peppa

I have to question that statement.
how can you fix the frequency and still call it a parametric
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 5:42am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_equation

ok more than likley got the wrong end of the stick ...However both the question and answer/s seem to be discuse here..Ok maths but in and abouts!

Personally i have a 31 band 7 band and a 3 band ..Now the 7 isnt that good for what i want the bands are to wide .At the moment i have to make do with a 31 and the 3 first one for the room the second for me to play with...................However am making a 10/12 band that will I THINK enable me to pull out the bits i want ,much better, for some reason my 7 band[freebee] is a little bit left and or right of what i want.................

Anyhow what s this BETTER and the BEST thing not starting with the league thing ????lol lol

Edited by hikk - 02 February 2007 at 5:47am
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 9:52am
Are you trying to kill us with science
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 9:56am
Originally posted by mskeete mskeete wrote:

Are you trying to kill us with science
thats what brought us here in the first place, so we will end up going that way aswell
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 1:01pm
to my mind
parametric has controls for frequency centre, gain/attenuation and q (bandwidth affected)

sweep is the same but without a variable q

fixed or shelving eq is just a gain/attenuatuation without variable frequency or q
LOUDER THAN LOUD
warrior1236 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrior1236 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:14pm
the word parametric is coming from parameter (ic) meaning that you can change the parameters
warrior1236 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrior1236 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:15pm
the word parametric is coming from parameter (ic) meaning that you can change the parameters
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 7:34am
it also means that you can the parameters independently
peppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 8:50am
Hi Mark
Jus in reply to ur post whilst scanning the forum came across WARRIOR1236 post nuff respect warrior u are absolutely right parametric comes from parameters and with this amp the freqency ,gain & Q parameters can all b independently varied without interaction with one another.So variable or preset still is parametric amp.
mr kipling makes good cakes!!!
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 12:38pm
OK, but I haven't come accross anyone else or company or book that would describe a fixed frequency eq circuit using the word parametric
peppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 6:45pm
these amps were developed for telecommunications not soundsystem audio look in the IEEE electronics encyclopedia 4 more info a lot of general info out there some books show only so much encycopedias show more and give u history of events.peace
peppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 6:57pm
jus repling to ur post even the baxandall tone control cct can be turned into variable shelf eq or even parametric believe it can.peace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>