Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reggae Roast Sound System.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 1:09am
Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 3:42am
I hope that one day I will be able to hear that system
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 7:34am
seems we have a mutual friend someone showed me photo of these last week or at the weekend when they came to collect some kit. Asked me had I heard of "Reggae Roast" and showed me the kit
very nice I thought
i was also very mistrusting of Nd until recently we now have some Nd drivers and I think they are very good.
seems to be the way forward though was put off by the early attempts by JBL back in the 90's. I am now more willing to use Nd for everything
djkrusada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkrusada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 10:40am
that rig looks awesome and I would love to hear it :)
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 11:55am
It's one of those systems that looks better than what it sounds. I will have to hear it again.
Mykey Wattco
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

It's one of those systems that looks better than what it sounds. I will have to hear it again.

LOL

Wacko
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 1:42pm
Oh dear! Not allowed an opinion😃

I wanted to like it. Just didn't tick all the box's.

Mykey Wattco
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 1:56pm
is it missing a kick bin [aka upper bass bin 80 to 170hz] mykey?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 2:00pm
Say what you want, but it's a bit of a silly bold statement, surprised it wasn't followed with you banging on about the s21 thing of yours LOL

When set up correctly there's not much can beat it, when you heard it, as was mentioned before, there wasn't any time for the guys to do tests after the cabs were built and it's first gig with new amps and an odd LMS.

And yet under the circumstances it still sounded better than most systems. 

Beer
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by minaximal minaximal wrote:

When set up correctly there's not much can beat it,

that sir is truly a bold statement.  would you prepared to back that statement?  im sure mykey or others would like to see if it really is tat good

can you tell us what the freq range is of each cab?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 2:13pm
What are standards of "sounding good" or "better than most systems"?

I think theres no such thing as perfect sound system and thats what kid creole is possibly tryin to say?

Theres nothing perfect about nothing and everything is perfect,thats the paradox here!

At the end of the day I personally dont care if the sound system is good or not if the music it is playing is some meningless crap without message. Hearing some bullcrap from the best sound system in the world doesnt make the crap music with bullcrap message any betterLOL

The system looks nice!Thumbs Up

"what!?"
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

is it missing a kick bin [aka upper bass bin 80 to 170hz] mykey?
Yes 100%. And I left because of the top end.
Mykey Wattco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>